Chose credit card but can't pay!

tobiaslysterkjoeller
Community Member

Hi

When i recived my invoice i chose credit card as my payment method, but nothing happend. The order completed checkout, and i waited for the seller to give some informationen on how i could pay, but he contactet me and said he only acceptet pay pal!!

Did i make a mistake, or what happened?

Message 1 of 8
Latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

go back to the original item page.

was c/card an option there?

I'm guessing you saw pay with PayPal thru yr credit card, which is what you should do now, obviously the seller does not have a merchant facility or he would have asked for your c/card details to process the payment.

ask him to resend you the invoice and pay with paypal

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
~~ ~~ ~~ Those who do right, have nothing to fear.
Message 2 of 8
Latest reply

If it is for the item purchased from the UK then most likely they can only accept credit card payments from UK buyers - not from International Buyers.

If their credit card facility is not set up to accept international credit card payments they will be unable to process the payment.

Message 3 of 8
Latest reply

stass_man86
Community Member

Just had the same issue, and it was definitely for Visa/Mastercard NOT paypal - so annoying I just want to pay the girl!

Message 4 of 8
Latest reply

Jens I have never had any problem using my UK credit cards in Australia nor my Aus one here in the UK.

Are they a new seller? If so they may not realise that they have to have a merchant account to accept direct card payments and think they need to select that option to receive cards through Paypal, if they do have card facilities then you usually have to phone them and do the card payment that way.

It makes life much simpler if you always use Paypal!

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 5 of 8
Latest reply

Jens I have never had any problem using my UK credit cards in Australia nor my Aus one here in the UK.

PJ - with International Credit Cards it depends on how a seller has their merchant credit card facility set up.

If a customers comes into my shop there is not problem with an International Card.

If the payment is being processed as a Moto transaction (ie for phone orders etc) where the card holder isn't present I am unable to accept International Credit Cards through my efptos facility.

For International Online sales Paypal is usually the easiest.

Message 6 of 8
Latest reply

Perhaps it is certain banks then as I use my UK Nationwide credit card for nearly all my phone and internet purchases in Aus and have never had anyone refuse the transaction.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 7 of 8
Latest reply

Just pay via PayPal as a guest payer.

Message 8 of 8
Latest reply