Criminal Companies - It seem Companies Like XXXXXXXXX Still operate?

grasp_2
Community Member

Having NOT received the Item I ordered EBAY did Credit my Account.

THEN I Received a Phising Message - I haven't heard anymore from Ebay

I FEEL IT IS UNSAFE DEALING WITH EBAY - WHY  THIS DEALER SEEMS TO BE ABLE TO STILL OPERATE?

Message 1 of 19
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Why would you hear any more from eBay?

You say they credited your account (I can only assume you mean you opened the item not received dispute and got a refund?)

That is the end of it as far as eBay are concerned 

Everyone gets messages from scammers pretending to be ebay.  Including people who have never used eBay

eBay give the buyer all the tools they could ever need to protect themselves

The dealer still operates because buyers choose  to keep them in business

The seller is in China, with poor feedback

eBay won't touch sellers in China

It does'nt mean a buyer has to buy from them

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 19
Latest reply
18 REPLIES 18

Why would you hear any more from eBay?

You say they credited your account (I can only assume you mean you opened the item not received dispute and got a refund?)

That is the end of it as far as eBay are concerned 

Everyone gets messages from scammers pretending to be ebay.  Including people who have never used eBay

eBay give the buyer all the tools they could ever need to protect themselves

The dealer still operates because buyers choose  to keep them in business

The seller is in China, with poor feedback

eBay won't touch sellers in China

It does'nt mean a buyer has to buy from them

Message 2 of 19
Latest reply

One look at their feedback (Chinese registered seller) and all the negs and neutrals there would have had me hitting the back-button.

In future perhaps take more notice of a seller's feedback before buying from them.

Edit. Your post wasn't there when I posted Sandy. 🤣

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 3 of 19
Latest reply

Exactly the reason why they still operate

Buyers just don't care who they buy from

All the warnings right  there to avoid them

Buy anyway

Then complain about them still operating

Stop helping to keep them in business then

Message 4 of 19
Latest reply

I have no idea what you're trying to say.

However you might want to look at the feedback of sellers (which you appear not to do) so that you avoid future problems.

Message 5 of 19
Latest reply

@grasp_2 wrote:

I FEEL IT IS UNSAFE DEALING WITH EBAY - WHY  THIS DEALER SEEMS TO BE ABLE TO STILL OPERATE?

Wow, just wow.

You didnt receive item, and you got a refund, so the ledger is square.

People get daily phishing emails, which are supposedly from Ebay, but are scams, what has this got to do with the seller or even Ebay.  

I get scammy emails from the banks, Australia Post, etc, etc.  Should I feel unsafe dealing with those business's.

I read the feedback for the seller you are complaining about,   stop supporting bad sellers,  you only have yourself to blame.

Message 6 of 19
Latest reply

@grasp_2 wrote:

I can't see who you bought from, the link has obviously been removed as you can't name individual sellers.

You did the right thing to open an ebay claim and get your refund.

As for phishing emails, everyone gets them occasionallyand they are not from ebay or the bank or whichever place they purport to be from, so just delete them, never open them.

Your question is-why is this dealer still operating? It can be for a number of reasons.

Firstly, just because you have a bad experience, maybe an item doesn't arrive, it does not mean that other buyers had the same thing happen. Even a reliable seller can have things happen with a transaction and no one should be kicked off ebay for the occasional problem.

But everyone else here has commented on how bad the seller's feedback is.

If this is indeed what they would term a bad, high risk seller, then you are right and ebay should perhaps curtail the selling privileges of those who get over a certain level of negs/neutrals in a month. At the moment, ebay does not count feedback into the mix. It's probably high time they did. It would help keep some of the more iffy sellers on their toes.

However, it is unlikely they will do this because Chinese sellers help drive profit levels. The only time ebay is likely to ban any seller, as far as I can make out, is if they are an out and out scammer.

Ebay wouldn't see your transaction as unsafe, for the simple reason that if an item doesn't arrive or isn't as described, you can open an ebay claim and get your money back.

Message 7 of 19
Latest reply

@springyzone wrote:

@grasp_2 wrote:

If this is indeed what they would term a bad, high risk seller, then you are right and ebay should perhaps curtail the selling privileges of those who get over a certain level of negs/neutrals in a month. At the moment, ebay does not count feedback into the mix. It's probably high time they did. It would help keep some of the more iffy sellers on their toes.

I disagree with Ebay curtailing bad sellers based on feedback.   You run the high risk of competitors trashing a sellers Feedback to have them punished where it is not legitimate.   I know from experience having a competitor try to trash my google reviews (my other business),  they were quickly put in there place.  But it would just open up a can of worms.

The best approach is for buyers to actually read the feedback and make a decision are they prepared to possibly suffer the consequences.

Message 8 of 19
Latest reply

I must admit, I had not thought of that happening but in order to give feedback, they would first have to buy something.

And they could do that right now anyway and trash the feedback. If they did that, it could turn a lot of buyers off. I was under the impression that if a seller suspected that was happening, they could report the buyer and have the feedback removed. Actually I would go further and suggest that any 'buyer' found doing that deliberately be banned from selling for a period.

But we are often talking of bad sellers here who have feedback in the thousands or tens of thousands so in order to really affect the % of those sellers, competitors would have to buy an awful lot of product. I don't see that happening on a widespread basis.

One thing that could be done is ebay could very easily put in computer alerts so that if a person who had previous sales in a similar cateory was going to give a neg, it would give a warning. It could even disallow any feedback at all from recent sellers in the same category as a conflict of interest.

My main point was though that no seller who is so bad that buyers just have to 'suffer the consequences' should be freely selling on ebay without suffering some consequences themselves.

We know that many buyers don't read the feedback, we know many don't know how to check seller location so I see it as a waste of time in some ways for us to just keep saying they should do this or that when it is never going to happen- what ebay really needs to do is adapt  things so the site is as safe as possible.

I see it sort of like pool fencing in that maybe pool fencing would not be needed in a perfect world-but it is.

Message 9 of 19
Latest reply

grasp_2
Community Member

EBAY Support Criminals BUYERS wHo Are Liars, SEND phishing messages and ignore the LIES BY THIS CRIMINAL EVEN AFTER THEY HAVE HAD TO CREDIT ITEM.

COMPANIES LIKE EBAY SHOULD BE REMOVED OR CLOSED DOWN

NEVER EVER TRUST EBAY THE LOVERS OF CRIMINAL LIAR BUYERS 

Message 10 of 19
Latest reply