Damage to my property

Hi,

I am wondering if there can be anything done about an issue I have...

I purchased an item that was supposed to be 'x' and fit for my own item properly. 

I dropped my item and my item got damaged because the product was faulty and wasn't as it was advertised. 

Now I know I can easily get a refund for the faulty item. But what about the damages, can anything to be done about that or not really?

Thank you

Message 1 of 20
Latest reply
19 REPLIES 19

Damage to my property

Not really.

Message 2 of 20
Latest reply

Damage to my property

Ok thanks, not even if the product I purchased made me drop my own item (because it not being as advertised) and caused it damage? 

Message 3 of 20
Latest reply

Damage to my property

As I see it bedshaped - the item didn't drop itself.

Whatever fitting needed to be done - could have been more carefully done - on a table perhaps - but as we don't know what the item is - that's difficult.

Think you will get your refund on the X - but the dropping - No.

Message 4 of 20
Latest reply

Damage to my property

You would need to take it to court, I suspect, mostly because eBay, PayPal and most card companies that offer protection for purchase do not have clauses or policies beyond covering the actual item. You would also need to have enough evidence to prove that 1) the faulty product caused you to drop the item, and 2) also caused the damage when it dropped, which would not have been caused if the product was not faulty.

Consequential loss is generally not covered by default as they entail factors outside of the control of the manufacturer / retailer. (example, I buy a tea pot with a faulty handle. I lift it by the handle and it breaks, landing on the counter and smashing my expensive tea cup - the reason I [probably] can't also claim for the tea cup is because the manufacturer didn't cause the cup to be there. I say probably because I am not a lawyer, so take any / all advice relating to such matters as general speculation, not bona fide legal advice. 

Message 5 of 20
Latest reply

Damage to my property

This would depend on the value of the item - Court.

Usually it is apparent the X is not going to be the correct fit - so why try to fit it at all. ??

Message 6 of 20
Latest reply

Damage to my property

There are two products I purchased involved. But let's say it this way, one of them broke apart and made my own item to drop and smash (part of it got loose and made me drop my item), and the other item that wasn't properly fitted didn't help either with the final result of the accident.

Message 7 of 20
Latest reply

Damage to my property

The items are phone case and phone glass screen protector.

Message 8 of 20
Latest reply

Damage to my property

OK - can you tell us exactly what the items are - and why they  'needed each other '. 

Message 9 of 20
Latest reply

Damage to my property

Could you not tell before trying there was not going to be a fit.?

Message 10 of 20
Latest reply