Did I miss something ?

Just recieved an email from Paypal. Introducing "Free Return Shipping" with Paypal. During the Pilot Phase they can enjoy up to 4 refunds to the value of $45.00 each on eligible purchases until 31July 2015.   ??

Message 1 of 17
Latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

Did I miss something ?

@horizon1907 wrote:

Just recieved an email from Paypal. Introducing "Free Return Shipping" with Paypal. During the Pilot Phase they can enjoy up to 4 refunds to the value of $45.00 each on eligible purchases until 31July 2015.   ??

that can't be a good thing for sellers ? is it ?

are we going to get free corresponding defect removal lol

Message 2 of 17
Latest reply

Did I miss something ?

yep it's new. Well within the last couple of days there are a few threads about it.
Message 3 of 17
Latest reply

Did I miss something ?

@harley_babes_hoard wrote:
yep it's new. Well within the last couple of days there are a few threads about it.

I just recieved the email. ( 16.01 )  New to me. Always thought emails were fairly quick to arrive ? Seems not !!

Message 4 of 17
Latest reply

Did I miss something ?

For some sellers, it might be an attractive alternative or curb people misusing eBay's return system for change of mind, but ultimately, I really can't see it as a good thing in the long run.

As a seller, I honestly don't care if 81% of people say they're more likely to shop online if they didn't have to pay return shipping for change of mind. I'm not interetsed in that becoming an expectation for online shopping, and I'm not interested in having to eventually factor those kinds of costs into my business expenses and essentially charging everyone a bit extra so some people can shop without having to take any responsibility for their purchase decisions....

So there ner, PayPal. Smiley LOL

Message 5 of 17
Latest reply

Did I miss something ?

@digital*ghost wrote:

For some sellers, it might be an attractive alternative or curb people misusing eBay's return system for change of mind, but ultimately, I really can't see it as a good thing in the long run.

As a seller, I honestly don't care if 81% of people say they're more likely to shop online if they didn't have to pay return shipping for change of mind. I'm not interetsed in that becoming an expectation for online shopping, and I'm not interested in having to eventually factor those kinds of costs into my business expenses and essentially charging everyone a bit extra so some people can shop without having to take any responsibility for their purchase decisions....

So there ner, PayPal. Smiley LOL

Ditto digi. 88% btw. so it says in the email. Next thing on their Agenda, What ? To take your 1st born off you. I wouldn't doubt it either 😞

Message 6 of 17
Latest reply

Did I miss something ?

So does paypal pay the return postage OR are we then billed for it as a seller, so paypal do not really do the return postage but the seller is?

Message 7 of 17
Latest reply

Did I miss something ?

@*sparklz* wrote:

So does paypal pay the return postage OR are we then billed for it as a seller, so paypal do not really do the return postage but the seller is?

sparklz, I think it best that you read the email, so you can work it out

Message 8 of 17
Latest reply

Did I miss something ?

@horizon1907 wrote:

Next thing on their Agenda, What ? To take your 1st born off you. I wouldn't doubt it either 😞

Nah, babies are expensive, but maybe when they're old enough to work. Smiley Surprised All their little schemes do is introduce new things for buyers to take advantage of and ultimately increase a seller's costs, thereby increasing prices and payment amounts- it's a self-serving interest on PayPal's part, which is fair enough in some ways, but I'm tired of these things being at the expense of everyone else, and some basic principles that I personally find important in the way I choose to operate my business. If individual sellers and businesses want to provide this service, more power to them, but I don't like incentive schemes that try to make it seem like it's what everyone wants, or the standard. (I bet that percentage would be very different if the question was worded differently, i.e. not "would you be more likely to shop online if the sellers had free return shipping", but "would you pay more for every item you buy so that you, and/or other people, can return purchases for free if it's not wanted anymore?" 

The Iconic has free returns (for 100 days, even), and they accept PayPal, but while PayPal probably profits nicely from them, I have been told they make no money themselves, due (at least in part) to their incentives like that - if true (and I have no reason to doubt it) everytime I see another one of these touted incentives, I just think - along with what I mentioned above - bugger that! Smiley LOL

sparklz- PayPal are providing the refunds up until 31st July, but they don't make it clear whether or not the actual scheme will continue beyond that and the seller will then have to fund the payments... At the moment, they're just asking sellers to advertise this offer on their webistes. A buyer has to register for the 'service', and can then claim up to 4 postage refunds up to $45 each time, as long as they meet other eligibility criteria as well (eg the return was made within the seller's return period, so they can't claim if the seller had a 7 day return policy and they sent something back 2 weeks later, some types of items are excluded as well - from memory it's most of the same stuff that doesn't qualify for buyer protection). 

Message 9 of 17
Latest reply

Did I miss something ?

Have not got the email yet to read horizon

So just going by what is said here.

Message 10 of 17
Latest reply