Disappointed with lack of item descriptions

Anyone else finding the descriptions of items to be less than helpful? 

Eg - looking at irrigation products, 50 pack of sprays/sprinklers has pictures of 3 different versions, no mention of difference in product !!! 

Cannot contact eBay to query this - very frustrating, easy, just go to mitre 10, home hardware or bunnings - what a waste of time eBay has become as more Chinese producers use the site and usually don't have the language skills to advertise without misleading potential customers...

Message 1 of 20
Latest reply
19 REPLIES 19

Why would you ask eBay rather than the seller?

eBay would have exactly zero clue what the product details are

I do not buy from sellers , anywhere who do not give the details I want to know

Potential customers can, if they choose, look at a seller's feedback prior to buying for any sign a seller has mislead other buyers

And/or open an item not as described dispute if they do find they have been sent something other than what the ad said 

Message 2 of 20
Latest reply

If you go on the seller board, you'll see a thread there where a seller is tearing out his hair over the excessive product details he is expected to give on his gem stones.

So I don't know that with your problem,  the fault is with ebay. It is with the particular seller.

You've got a few choices here. You can message the seller and ask for extra details.

You can just move on and look at other ebay ads that are much clearer. Or you can shop at places like Bunnings etc

Personally, I'd go for options 2 or 3.

If a seller's ad is vague and unclear and especially if they are in China, what are you going to do if you get sent an unsatisfactory product? You can try to claim item not as described but that won't be easy if the item wasn't described properly in the first place.

You may be better at looking at Australian sellers in any case for the sorts of products you are after.

Good luck.

Message 3 of 20
Latest reply

The onus is on the seller to supply the details, not Ebay. 

I do agree that it would be far better to go into a proper store - that way you are at least supporting our own economy and jobs.

Message 4 of 20
Latest reply

I searched for the item (including "50 pack") and I only found Chinese sellers. I added the filter "Australia only" and the result was "no exact matches found", so obviously a seller from China if the search was accurate.

Definitely don't buy from China if you are not satisfied with the description and that the item is what you are looking for, as it is a lot of trouble if the item is wrong (for example if you have to send it back to China).

If you are not satisfied with a description, you have to ask the seller, not eBay, but they often don't speak English. In the past I sent questions to sellers in China, and no matter what I asked, the reply was something like "it has been a pleasure dealing with you. I will ask my partner. I am sorry about the problem." I mean, I had not even bought from them yet (a pleasure dealing with you?)... No problem, I just needed more details sometimes, but I don't think they understood. In one case, I even wrote back to specify that I had not bought the item yet and there was no problem, then repeated the question... and I received the same reply! (Obviously I didn't buy the item, but unfortunately it was not available in Australia, so I had to give it up...)

Message 5 of 20
Latest reply

@papermoon.lady wrote:

I searched for the item (including "50 pack") and I only found Chinese sellers. I added the filter "Australia only" and the result was "no exact matches found", so obviously a seller from China if the search was accurate.

….maybe you weren’t holding your tongue in the right spot, mate 😂

193A91B6-9F35-4EBD-B89D-26DB87AD0B61.png

********* *********** *********** ************ ************ *********** ***********
Be Kind To Nurses....
They Stop The Doctors From Killing You.
Message 6 of 20
Latest reply

I just wanted to add, that I looked at a couple of Australian listings and they were described well, including the irrigation pipe size they are suitable for and how many in the pack, etc. 

Perhaps you haven’t set your search filters correctly 😉

I ONLY buy from Australian sellers. 

********* *********** *********** ************ ************ *********** ***********
Be Kind To Nurses....
Message 7 of 20
Latest reply

Screenshot 2022-02-06 170642.png

Screenshot 2022-02-06 171154.png

I used an incognito browser without being logged in...

Message 8 of 20
Latest reply

Hmmmm…. I find our two search results very interesting 🤨 

I wonder why that occurred? 🤔

Be Kind To Nurses....
Message 9 of 20
Latest reply

Late to the party... 

I looked & found  any amount from Australia with good descriptions...shrugs.

Message 10 of 20
Latest reply