Does anyone know why the Dell eBay store is inactive?

So over a month ago now I ordered a Dell desktop PC from the Dell eBay store. I know it isn't uncommon for the Dell eBay store to take a while to ship orders as I have ordered many PCs from the Dell eBay store in the past. This time, though I am concerned because not only has my order not shipped, the Dell eBay store is now inactive with nothing for sale and I have messaged on eBay regarding the status of my order and there has been no reply. I'd rather not cancel my order and I would imagine the Dell eBay store is just getting ready for their new 13th gen stock but no replies to any of my messages isn't exactly filling me with confidence. 

Message 1 of 15
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I've noticed this also. Seemingly no sign that they will be active again anytime soon, either.

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 15
Latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

I know nothing about the Dell eBay store.

However I presume you have an Estimated Delivery Date & know how to use the eBay Money Back Guarantee.

You will not be able to cancel your order. Only the seller is able to cancel upon request to do so.

Message 2 of 15
Latest reply

I have no idea why they are inactive. I bought a laptop from them in December 2021 and it arrived earlier than even the first day of the estimated delivery date.

They had decent feedback back then (not really 100%, but it was fine). I wonder if it is some sort of temporary suspension rather than their decision?

If they are inactive, they might be unable to answer messages (when I google their eBay store, the eBay link just says "sorry, this store is not currently active" and there is also no link to contact them). Usually it is against rules, but as you have already placed the order and paid on eBay and are unable to talk to them through normal eBay messages, maybe you can send them an email on their normal website to know what is going on with your order if you are concerned.

Or try eBay live chat.

But of course you are covered anyway if the laptop does not arrive.

Message 3 of 15
Latest reply

Open an item not received dispute and get a refund. Do it today, or you'll run out of time. If their store remains inactive or gets shutdown, you'll never get the computer and you'll never get a refund. You can always repurchase if the store becomes active again.

Message 4 of 15
Latest reply

I've noticed this also. Seemingly no sign that they will be active again anytime soon, either.

Message 5 of 15
Latest reply

They seem to be active again, even if they have no items for sale.

Message 6 of 15
Latest reply

Fast forward several months, and they still have no listings. They must have had some sort of a falling out with eBay.  

Message 7 of 15
Latest reply

@big_matts_computers wrote:

Fast forward several months, and they still have no listings. They must have had some sort of a falling out with eBay.  

Or just decided on a different way forward.  We all change business practices at times

Message 8 of 15
Latest reply

Does it matter?

Any buyer with a couple of braincells to rub together , insisting on buying online, should surely be able to find Dell's website.

I can't imagine buying there would be more expensive. No eBay fees for starters.

Message 9 of 15
Latest reply

It does matter, actually. There was often 20% off on the Dell store so prices were much cheaper than their website.

Message 10 of 15
Latest reply