EBAYS SELLER PROTECTION

Between PayPal and eBay I've been hit with the cost of returning an item that came from the USA .. The seller outright lied about items age, performance and other things when I got it and rang eBay they handballed it to PayPal then pay Pal says when I provided tracking info will get refund well they stall for 3 or 4 days till I ring demanding my money then I get told after seller receives it back I will get my money... so it cost me $70 to see this lie in real life... were is my customer protection ? Out of pocket for a lie or 5 , they can see messages he sent why charge me for his lie.. if he wanted it back he should have been responsible for the return shipping he's not out of pocket just me...
Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

EBAYS SELLER PROTECTION

Hi there, same old same old, yes, I agree totally, but paypals argument is that until they find who is telling the truth, the buyer must pay return postage for a faulty/ not as described item. Well, my argument is that when the seller IS found to be at fault, then the buyer should also be returned the postage cost that they paid in the first place. After all, why should the buyer be out of pocket for one red cent when the seller is found to be at fault, and probably made a profit from the postage anyway, when is in my opinion fraud.

Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

EBAYS SELLER PROTECTION

Your totally right ... if you are miss led and they can see the message's why not make the liar pay ?
Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

EBAYS SELLER PROTECTION

Unfortunately the policy with both ebay and Paypal buyer proterction is that the cost of return postage, by fully trackable means, is the responsibility of the buyer so you should always take that into account when buying anything from overseas or indeed anything very heave from within Australia.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

EBAYS SELLER PROTECTION

I purchased something from an Overseas seller, they sent the wrong thing and said that I could return the item at my cost to get my $14 back. To send the item back via trackable means was going to cost me $54. I ended up contacting Paypal directly regarding the issue, and they agreed that it wasn't feasable to send the item back, and refunded me in full.

I went through the whole claim process including messaging back and forth before initiating the claim. Going directly to Paypal was the only feasible option.

I always recommend calling them if you aren't satisfied with your options, give them a call. Or message them on Facebook.

Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

EBAYS SELLER PROTECTION

Try'd that... no care factor for my costs !
Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

EBAYS SELLER PROTECTION

Probably depends on the attitude you take when talking to Paypal.

Message 7 of 7
Latest reply