Ebay Plus gets a Minus

Just joined Ebay Plus and what a waste of money it is.

The range of goods is tiny and the prices are not cheap compared to just Ebay.

I can get free postage on most items without paying the annual fee for Ebay Plus.

Just searched for a gazebo....no results, yet normal ebay has heaps.

Apart from the free returns, Ebay Plus gets a big minus from me. My advice is to steer clear.

Message 1 of 18
Latest reply
17 REPLIES 17

Ebay Plus gets a Minus

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

I decided it was not for me even before it was implemented.

You should have done your due diligence before parting with your money.

Message 2 of 18
Latest reply

Ebay Plus gets a Minus

Get my money back due to a join up voucher! Just wanted to warn others before they get fleeced- perhaps you could have done the same

Message 3 of 18
Latest reply

Ebay Plus gets a Minus

Perhaps you could have read one of the many threads that ARE already on here about how crud eBay Plus is before you joined

Other members are not responsible for the choices any other member makes

Obviously you did'nt so what point would there have been in more warnings?

Just remember to cancel the subscription correctly before the fees are due next time or you will be charged again 

Message 4 of 18
Latest reply

Ebay Plus gets a Minus

Thanks Sandy...geez everyone needs to take a chill pill

Message 5 of 18
Latest reply

Ebay Plus gets a Minus

@plugger64 wrote:

Get my money back due to a join up voucher! Just wanted to warn others before they get fleeced- perhaps you could have done the same

I did state on the many other threads that were started about the subject that I could not see any advantage in joining....it was not for me, athough some of my friends have used it to their advantage.

Message 6 of 18
Latest reply

Ebay Plus gets a Minus

didn't know there were threads! But as a said I didn't lose any money coz I got a voucher to the value of sign-up. But will not renew.

Cheers

Message 7 of 18
Latest reply

Ebay Plus gets a Minus

It's value depends very much on what you buy and how you spend. It was worth it for me while they had double FlyBuys points - that alone covered the cost of my membership.

But FlyBuys ended their relationship with eBay so I probably won't renew when my current year is up as the other benefits don't really come into play with most of my purchases.

NEVERMIND ON TROUBLES!!! LET'S DO HOBBY!!!
Message 8 of 18
Latest reply

Ebay Plus gets a Minus

The number of items labelled Plus will probably be getting even smaller and more expensive in the future, as eBay are now requiring Valid tracking for at least 95% Plus sales.  Not really a valid option for low cost small items sent Letter Post. 

eBay are also now adding that you must have  "A reasonable price express postage option" as ebay will be giving "eBay Plus members in metro areas an automatic upgraded to free express delivery on eBay Plus listings. eBay will fund up to $4 of the express postage upgrade cost on these orders".  Pity in most cases the upgrade is more than $4, so Plus sellers will have no option other than increase their base price to cover Free Express.  And you would need to be pretty gullible to believe eBay will keep funding the upgrade or will increase the funding when Express Post increases.

---------------------------------------------------
Profanity is no substitute for wit.
Message 9 of 18
Latest reply

Ebay Plus gets a Minus

I think the $4 would cover the difference for small, medium and large satchels, but not the XL

Message 10 of 18
Latest reply