Ebay blocked me from paying

I tried to buy an item from India, but when i went to pay for it i was blocked and got a message saying that seller does not send to po box numbers. I sent the seller a message saying that Aus post does not deliver mail to where i live and i have to collect mail from my po box at post office. The seller says that they have changed settings so i can now pay but i tried and still get blocked. I sent seller another message saying that i am still blocked from paying and have not heard back from them. Is there  someone  or somewhere on Ebay that i can contact someone to sort this out. I have sent a message on the part where you rate the transaction and explained what is happening, but have not recieved a reply.

Message 1 of 10
Latest reply
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Normally I would not recommend doing this, but if the seller has said it's ok to send to a PO box, you can try writing it out differently - usually if you write Post Office Box or Postal Box rather than PO Box, it will likely go through. 

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 10
Latest reply

@lyndal1838 wrote:

In future you could put both addresses and hope that AP will use the PO box.

As an example...... Your name.

Your street address

Your PO Box

Your suburb and postcode.

Hopefully both addresses are in the same suburb.

I live out in the countryside and can't receive mail to my residential address - it's all gotta go to a PO box in town.  In instances where a company won't accept a PO box address, I've done exactly what lyndal has suggested above, and my PO pops it in the box for me.  Yet to experience any issues do it thigs way.

NEVERMIND ON TROUBLES!!! LET'S DO HOBBY!!!

View solution in original post

Message 10 of 10
Latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Have you tried phoning ebay instead?

Message 2 of 10
Latest reply

Normally I would not recommend doing this, but if the seller has said it's ok to send to a PO box, you can try writing it out differently - usually if you write Post Office Box or Postal Box rather than PO Box, it will likely go through. 

Message 3 of 10
Latest reply

Or even roadside delivery box - Many rural towns know your name & often have RDB"S rather than a street address - they know to just hold @ the PO / General Store.

Message 4 of 10
Latest reply

Another thought is what my youngest daughter does - Just use the address of the Post Office itself! (as in 3 Main St Mytown - She'd only lived there a week & everyone knew she was the wife of the new school teacher! - They knew the address before she did!

When living rurally myself I just gave the property a name. No number or street. Mail to my name @ Kurrabi St Andrews got there every time! (As long as the state was correct!) - there are a few St A's.

Message 5 of 10
Latest reply

I just went in and added my residential address and a contact phone number as a second address and it has now accepted my payment. I just hope they send it to my post office box because i have waited for months for things to be sent to my house in the past.

Message 6 of 10
Latest reply

The seller has to send it to the address you have entered in ebay checkout.  As that is now your street address that is where it will be sent. 

This is the only way the seller has seller protection.

Your street address

Your PO Box

Message 7 of 10
Latest reply

I am guessing they don't accept a PO box and will now be addressed to the street addy.

The seller may be using a courier and most don't deliver to PO boxes.

image host
Message 8 of 10
Latest reply

Apart from anything else - ebay did not block you, the sellers blocked you.

In some parts of the world, PO Boxes are fraught. Here you need the same level of proof of identity as for a bank account, but I doubt a seller in India would know that, especially when eBay constantly advise that PO Boxes are used by fraudulent buyers.

As if eBay would actually care, given buyers are a protected species.

Message 9 of 10
Latest reply

@lyndal1838 wrote:

Your street address

Your PO Box

I live out in the countryside and can't receive mail to my residential address - it's all gotta go to a PO box in town.  In instances where a company won't accept a PO box address, I've done exactly what lyndal has suggested above, and my PO pops it in the box for me.  Yet to experience any issues do it thigs way.

NEVERMIND ON TROUBLES!!! LET'S DO HOBBY!!!
Message 10 of 10
Latest reply