Ebay email re account fraud

Hi all, received an email from ebay this morning advising me that they require me to change my password as my ebay account has been used fraudulently. I changed it straight away as requested and went into my account, but could see nothing wrong anywhere. The email was directly into my email inbox. Ebay account seems to be working as per normal. Just a bit worried what might have been the reason for ebay to block the activity on my account. Not to sure wheather to call them to confirm what the issue was, or maybe they won't give me the details anyway. Has anyone had issues such as this?

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

did you access eBay via a link in the email?

If you did you need to access eBay via a bookmarked page or type "ebay.com.au" into the URL address bar and change your password again. Then you need to run all your anti-virus software as you may have downloaded virus software by clicking the link.

Others will be along to give more advice, but in the meantime do what I suggest above.
Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

Hi, no, went in via my normal login upto where it asks for the details, then changed my password there. Didn't use any of the links in the email. Once in, I went to my ebay messages inbox and the message re the fraud was there.

Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

Double checked the original email and there are no dodgy looking links there.

Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

@audistarelectronics wrote:

Hi, no, went in via my normal login upto where it asks for the details, then changed my password there. Didn't use any of the links in the email. Once in, I went to my ebay messages inbox and the message re the fraud was there.

I would be contacting ebay to find out what sort of fraudulant activity, your account has been involved in.

Good luck

xxj

********* *********** *********** ************ ************ *********** ***********
Be Kind To Nurses....
They Stop The Doctors From Killing You.
Message 5 of 5
Latest reply