Error code: 70049 Always get this payment error for the whole week and by purchsing varies items

rhst11
Community Member

Error code: 70049 Always get this payment error for the whole week and by purchsing varies items

When click on "contact us " to report this issue I will get "We're making some updates....". It doesn't allow me to pay by Paypal, and same error when pay varies items.

Message 1 of 8
Latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Unfortunately, I don't know what the cause of the issue is or how to resolve, but I would advise double-checking your PayPal account to make sure that the payments weren't processed before trying again, as it seems to be a relatively frequent issue that the payment itself goes through (sometimes more than once), despite the error code saying that it can't be processed. 

Message 2 of 8
Latest reply

I managed to pay for a few items today without any problems, and have never had that error code come up anyway.

Have you tried clearing cache and cookies? Also if you're using IE as a browser try Firefox or Chrome, they are much better with eBay.

I'm assuming you're not using an iPad, they are notorious for eBay glitches................ 

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 3 of 8
Latest reply

I am having similar problems  i get error code 70002 when i click on pay  now i have had to email customer support again

this is the response i got a few days ago

We apologise for the inconvenience though. We have received similar reports from other members as well about getting error 70002 after clicking on the "Pay now" link. We are fully aware of this and we're doing our best to get this resolved as quickly as possible.

This has already been reported to our Technical Team and we are currently keeping track. We will take note of your user ID and include it in the report for affected members. Rest assured that we are working hard on resolving this as soon as possible. We're glad that you have already paid for the items via eBay checkout.

For future reference, if you encounter this same error, as a workaround, to pay for the item, you can request for a manual PayPal invoice from the seller so you can pay directly into the seller's PayPal account. You have to provide your PayPal email address so the seller can send the manual invoice to your PayPal account.

We appreciate your patience and understanding on this matter. Thank you for choosing eBay!

and it still isn't fixed.

Message 4 of 8
Latest reply

Have you tried Phoning PayPal?

Have you done any of the cookie/cache clearing?

What browser are you using?

Are you using an iPad/smartphone?

More info would be useful rivergumblue...................

As I said before, I haven't experienced any of these problems over the years and I do make quite a few payments through PayPal................

Message 5 of 8
Latest reply

Error Code: 70002 is a known issue affecting members from different eBay sites. While our team of software experts are working on a permanent fix, the workaround for now is to pay through a Paypal manual invoice.

Kind Regards,

Dee D.
eBay Customer Support

Message 6 of 8
Latest reply

I've tried clear cache, delete all temp files and browsing history, tried Internet Explorer, Chrome and Firefox, and on computers at home and computers in the office, always get the same error. I had a chat with Ebay customer support, no clue about how to fix it but only suggest me to contact the seller and make a manual payment request to Paypal, which I did and have the item paid. However, this error is still an outstanding issue that I can't purchase anything else on Ebay with normal Paypal transaction.

Message 7 of 8
Latest reply

I'm just wondering if you might have some malware on your computers that may be causing it, it might pay you to do a scan for that - I use "malwarebytes" here.

As I said previously I haven't had this problem at all, though I have heard of other members being affected by it.

Message 8 of 8
Latest reply