False advertising

mymra1
Community Member

Hi, I have found that several sellers of the loncin 196cc 6.5hp engine are lying about the actual power of the engine. When I checked the Loncin company website it states the engine output at 3.6 kw which equals only 4.8 hp?. I have reported these sellers to eBay , but so far nothing has happened.

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

False advertising

Ebay cannot just take anyones word for something like this. They are not experts in any field and will not have any idea if the listing is false advertising, or you are someone wanting to make trouble with a grudge.

The only people who can make a difference is the maker of the product who can contact Eaby with real evidence.

Latest reply

False advertising

Are you sure it's rated the same way? Power rating on engines can be st the crank, the gears or the wheels. All figures differ.
Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

False advertising

It is the same with the majority of the "8hp" firefighter pumps on ebay that are less than 5hp.

They know ebay will do nothing about it even if the engine has the manufacturers label with the power output on it. I tried.

These are bare shaft outputs by the engine maker so are even less with pump attached.

It is not a matter of having a grudge both buyers and honest sellers are sick of the inflated claims that are allowed and now the accepted norm for a range of products. Try buying a solar panel or lithium batteries.

Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

False advertising

You can always take them to the small claims court or whatever it's called these days. If you bought from China then you need to read sellers' feedback very carefully before you buy.
Message 5 of 5
Latest reply