Fraudulent ebay seller

Hi all,

About a month ago I had purchased a Meta Quest 3 from an eBay seller. One day after the return window had closed my Meta account was suspended without notice. I had contacted Meta and I was informed that the original purchaser had opened an investigation with Meta for a potentially stolen item.

(Note that my Quest 3 is associated with my account, and therefore making it impossible to use until Meta lifts the suspension)

I had paid a fair bit of money for this headset as a present to myself and it is really disappointing to have to deal with such a situation. I hope somebody can help me out here, thanks!!

Message 1 of 4
Latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Fraudulent ebay seller

If you are outside the time period for an MBG dispute (see below), then your best option might be to get the police involved as it is a case of fraud.

https://pages.ebay.com.au/ebay-money-back-guarantee/

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 2 of 4
Latest reply

Fraudulent ebay seller

I figured that would be the case, because the seller deliberately waited until the MBG policy was up, I am 100% sure this is a case of fraud. I'll wait until I hear back from Meta as I had sent them the eBay receipts for the purchase of the item before getting police involved.

Thank you for your help 🙂

Message 3 of 4
Latest reply

Fraudulent ebay seller

kermit2023
Community Member

Well, I’m way to old to understand what meta quest 3 even is, I had to google it 😂.

wow…. It is expensive. 

So MBG is off the table, and if you don’t have any luck with Meta and the eBay receipts, could you put in a claim with PayPal? 

But I’m crossing my fingers for you for a positive outcome with meta and the receipts. 🤗

I also hope they suspend the sellers meta account indefinitely for doing this to you. 

Good luck with it all. 🙏

Message 4 of 4
Latest reply