Giving Feedback

I recently reported an item that was long over due & was never recieved. Within 24 hours the seller had refunded me the purchase price plus original postage & the case has now been closed.

Should I send him feedback or not.  Does this sound OK to send .. 

"Did not receive the item .. The seller gave an immediate refund without hesitation.Thanks"

Message 1 of 9
Latest reply
3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Giving Feedback

Did you contact the seller before you opened the case?

Does the seller have a history of not delivering?

Do you realise feedback is the buyers' interpretation of the sale?

What colour dot are you planning to leave with the comment?

Is this the first of your many transactions that have gone pear-shaped?

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 9
Latest reply

Giving Feedback

If you want to contact the seller you need to use the "ask about using my item or I want to contact the seller" option. If you use the "I didn't receive my item" option it automatically opens a dispute. All the other options do to, so only ever use the first option I mentioned if you don't plan to open a dispute and just want to contact the seller directly.

If you are happy with the outcome, then it would be OK to leave the seller positive feedback. Don't answer the question about whether the item arrived before XXX date or the seller will get a defect against their account if you answer no. If you want to leave a star rating, give 5 stars for communication, but leave the rest. Me personally, I'd leave the stars blank.

Message 4 of 9
Latest reply

Giving Feedback

I just would not leave feedback at all.

In the end, there was not really a transaction at all........

Message 5 of 9
Latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Giving Feedback

Did you contact the seller before you opened the case?

Does the seller have a history of not delivering?

Do you realise feedback is the buyers' interpretation of the sale?

What colour dot are you planning to leave with the comment?

Is this the first of your many transactions that have gone pear-shaped?

Message 2 of 9
Latest reply

Giving Feedback

It was an overseas purchase that was well overdue & when I tried to contact the seller with my initial enquriry about it.it  was taken up by ebay.They replied today :Good news! We let the seller know you didn't receive the item, and the seller issued you a full refund. This request is now closed.

The seller has excellent history & because he didn't challenge me & refunded quickly,I thought it might be good to leave him good feedback because of this.This is only my 2nd bad transaction in 950.

If this is not the normal thing to do then I'll just move on .. just thought I would ask.

Message 3 of 9
Latest reply

Giving Feedback

If you want to contact the seller you need to use the "ask about using my item or I want to contact the seller" option. If you use the "I didn't receive my item" option it automatically opens a dispute. All the other options do to, so only ever use the first option I mentioned if you don't plan to open a dispute and just want to contact the seller directly.

If you are happy with the outcome, then it would be OK to leave the seller positive feedback. Don't answer the question about whether the item arrived before XXX date or the seller will get a defect against their account if you answer no. If you want to leave a star rating, give 5 stars for communication, but leave the rest. Me personally, I'd leave the stars blank.

Message 4 of 9
Latest reply

Giving Feedback

Message 5 of 9
Latest reply

Giving Feedback

@typhoon4u wrote:

There was a transaction. The OP bought the item then paid for it. The seller posted it. It just happened to not arrive. I don't think it hurts to leave feedback in cases like this. It shows other buyers than in the event of something happening, the seller will help.

Message 6 of 9
Latest reply

Giving Feedback

Just in case it's of interest, and just speaking as a seller, when stuff like this happens I'd prefer any FB to not mention a refund, or how easy it was to get.... Smiley Very Happy I usually leave feedback that mentions there was an issue, but that it was sorted quickly and professionally. 

Message 7 of 9
Latest reply

Giving Feedback

Agree with DG there. I have a very basic philosophy when it comes to leaving feedback if things have not gone according to plan. If the seller refunds in full without me having to pay any return postage, to ask ebay to step in or to escalate a Paypal dispute they will get a positive with a comment such as "Excellent customer service and communication"  If I have to escalate then they will get no feedback at all or perhaps a neut if they do the right thing promptly after ebay/Paypal finds in my favour. If they fight to the bitter end trying to get out of refunding or are rude and belligerent in their communication then it will be a red dot for sure.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 8 of 9
Latest reply

Giving Feedback

I agree with DG and some of the others.

As a buyer, I am not interested in knowing if another buyer got a refund, but I am interested in knowing if a seller had great communication and was quick to deal with any issues. That is probably the main thing I need to know in such a case really.

Message 9 of 9
Latest reply