Global Shipping Center

maquinny
Community Member

Hi

I bought an item on 8 Aug. This is the first item I have bought where the seller used the GSP so I've only just become familiar with it. The package arrived in Erlanger pretty quickly then sat there for about a week. On 18 Aug, I got an update: Shipped from the Global Shipping Center to International Destination.

I'm guessing this doesn't actually mean the package was put on a flight that day because it was over 2 weeks ago. I've read where people have waited 3 weeks+ for packages from the US and the GSP.

What I'm wanting to know is: is this to be expected or should I be concerend?

Message 1 of 16
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Global Shipping Center

@maquinny wrote:

Like I said, I never even knew what it was until I started looking into it a couple weeks ago. The item I purchased is something I've been wanting for a long time and couldn't find anywhere else so I didn't mind paying the extra money for shipping.

What concerns me about it is the length of time it has taken. It sat in Erlanger for a week and now it's been over 2 weeks "Shipped from the Global Shipping Center to International Destination" when it obviously hasn't left yet, unless they sent it by boat.

Once it is in Oz (and sometimes evern sooner - possibly at the departing country customs) you may get a message from Australia Post - Your delivery from APG is on its way - with a different tracking number.  APG is Australia Post Global who should take over delivering the parcel to Oz.  The tracking number will be accepted by AP and you should be able to follow its progress in MyPost.

At least that's how it went with the last time I had to use the GSP.

View solution in original post

Message 8 of 16
Latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

Global Shipping Center

Very normal for GSP. Plus everything is even slower due to the Rona.

Message 2 of 16
Latest reply

Global Shipping Center

thanks...glad to hear it

Message 3 of 16
Latest reply

Global Shipping Center

Global shipping is a scam. Avoid like the plague. 

Message 4 of 16
Latest reply

Global Shipping Center

@rugal2010 wrote:

Global shipping is a scam. Avoid like the plague. 

Global shipping is not a scam but it is slow and expensive for most small items.

Most of us avoid it like the plague for those reasons.

Message 5 of 16
Latest reply

Global Shipping Center

Like I said, I never even knew what it was until I started looking into it a couple weeks ago. The item I purchased is something I've been wanting for a long time and couldn't find anywhere else so I didn't mind paying the extra money for shipping.

What concerns me about it is the length of time it has taken. It sat in Erlanger for a week and now it's been over 2 weeks "Shipped from the Global Shipping Center to International Destination" when it obviously hasn't left yet, unless they sent it by boat.

Message 6 of 16
Latest reply

Global Shipping Center

But you say it has been shipped to the international destination....in other words it is on the way and will probably not be scanned again until it is ready for delivery in Australia or possibly already delivered to you.

Message 7 of 16
Latest reply

Global Shipping Center

@maquinny wrote:

Once it is in Oz (and sometimes evern sooner - possibly at the departing country customs) you may get a message from Australia Post - Your delivery from APG is on its way - with a different tracking number.  APG is Australia Post Global who should take over delivering the parcel to Oz.  The tracking number will be accepted by AP and you should be able to follow its progress in MyPost.

At least that's how it went with the last time I had to use the GSP.

Message 8 of 16
Latest reply

Global Shipping Center

@lyndal1838 wrote:

But you say it has been shipped to the international destination....in other words it is on the way and will probably not be scanned again until it is ready for delivery in Australia or possibly already delivered to you.

if it really did leave the US on 18 Aug, it would be in Aus by now.It's been in Erlanger for almost a month. I can understand why so many people make negative comments about the GSP.

Message 9 of 16
Latest reply

Global Shipping Center

@maquinny wrote:

@lyndal1838 wrote:

if it really did leave the US on 18 Aug, it would be in Aus by now.It's been in Erlanger for almost a month. I can understand why so many people make negative comments about the GSP.

It would not necessarily be in Australia by now.....deliveries are horrendously slow due to coronavirus restrictions.  There are reports of GSP items travelling via Hawaii and Japan before arriving here.

The notification "Shipped from the Global Shipping Centre to International Destination" means that the item has been processed at Erlanger and has been handed to FedEx for delivery to Australia.  It does not mean that it was immediately placed on a plane.....there are severe restrictions on the number of planes that are flying at present.

Sometimes FedEx will issue a new tracking number.....sometimes the tracking number will remain constant until the item gets to Australia.   Have you checked to see if you were given a new number?

Once your item arrives in Australia there may be further delays in delivery......delivery companies all over the country are being overwhelmed by the sheer volume of items to be delivered.  They cannot just put on more staff.....they all have to follow the mandated social distancing rules and, in the case of Victoria, the current lockdown rules.

There have always been negative comments about the GSP.....it has never been a fast and/or cheap service but to judge it now is a bit rough.....especially when you have no experience of it under normal conditions and really do not understand it.   The whole world is in turmoil with ALL delivery services being heavily impacted by COVID 19.

Message 10 of 16
Latest reply