Global Shipping & No Combined Postage

I know this has been covered before but hopefully will save some folks trawling through the discussion boards trying to find answers.

When a seller in the US uses the Global Shipping program (or priority) thay CANNOT combine postage nor send you an invoice. the vast majority of US sellers are completely unaware of this, so even if you specifically ask them if they can combine postage, they will most likey answer 'yes, of course'.  

Your payment gets split up, a small delivery fee going to the seller & the lions share going to Pitney Bowes. Seller does not see this.

I have just been stung again 😞

Wrote to seller asking if he could combine postage & to only answer yes if he was completely sure. His reply- "

Hello,
Yes I have always been able to combine shipping if not paid. Then I can send a invoice.
Thanks,
Michael

So stupid me buys 2 tiny toys from him. Cannot request invoice, seller finds he cannot send invoice. Postage for 2 items will now be $41.15 US ($56 AUD). 

The insanity of it & ebay will do nothing to educate their buyers & sellers about it. We all have to get burnt a couple of times before we learn to select own postage as a seller & to not buy multiple items from the US.

Rant over 🙂

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Ask the seller to cancel the transactions, then relist both items as one listing as a buy it now. That way you get both the items for the one postage cost. If they are popular items, suggest listing them as a BIN for say $1,000 with the best offer option (so no-one else jumps in and buys them before you can), then you can use the best offer option and submit the price you've agreed on.

The other option is to ask them whether they would consider posting via USPS. He would still need to cancel relist them, but the postage should be much lower at around $US15-20

Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

For future ref, often if you add them to the cart they auto combine before paying.

image host
Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

@kopenhagen5 wrote:

For future ref, often if you add them to the cart they auto combine before paying.

I haven't tried for awhile, but I think they closed that loophole. You used to be able to request an invoice via the cart too, which meant the seller could then combine. They closed that loophole quick smart!

Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

I know this is a late reply - but I feel your pain. I just bought some star wars card backs - literally pieces of cardboard and each must be parcelled and charged separately - that with import taxes has basically doubled my  amount at checkout. 

Two bids totalling AUS$102 will cost me $199 at checkout.

Thats it - no more eBay purchases from the USA - it is a complete and shameless money grab by eBay.

Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

yeah 6 years.   A lot has changed in the world in 6 years.

Message 6 of 6
Latest reply