Has anyone had an issue with tracking numbers that sellers provide not being able to be tracked?

I currently have two purchases that I have made, and both have sent tracking numbers that when I searched for them with the postal service say do not exist! Years ago a seller kept saying it was all ok but items never arrived and it was too late to make a claim with paypal. How long do we get now to make a claim if it never shows up, and how long should I give them? 

Message 1 of 4
Latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Has anyone had an issue with tracking numbers that sellers provide not being able to be tracked?

I have had many parcels from overseas that had tracking numbers that could not be tracked from here. They all showed up. You have 30 days from the last date of expected delivery to make a claim for not receiving item as far as I know.

Message 3 of 4
Latest reply

I've found parcels from Europe (including the UK) where they have to be Signed For on delivery may not be able to be tracked by buyers, even if logging into MyPost. 

However I've had some success (once the parcels are likely to be in Oz) phoning Aust Post customer service and asking them if they can track them.  Sometimes they can.

Parcels from China......that's also a lottery.  Some I can and some I can't (on 17TRACK).

I've also has sellers not giving me the complete number, which doesn't help.

And then there are numbers where you have to wait until the item is in Australia first.

Message 4 of 4
Latest reply