Have not received the second part of my purchase

I bought a bed and only received one part of the bed, the second part has never arrived.  Put a request into Ebay to let them know and contacted the seller. I have been messaging the seller and they have asked me to wait due to delivery problems.  Ebay has now closed the case as they say there was no activity for 21 days??  know want a refund as it has been nearly two months. How do I do this since Bay has closed the case.

Message 1 of 3
Latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Have you paid with PayPal? If you have, you can still open a case in PP, as you have 180 since you purchased the item.

Don't let sellers make you wait too long, or eBay will close your case, as they have deadlines. Sellers know and some of them delay conversations and positive outcomes and take advantage of deadlines so that cases are closed. Be patient, but be aware of deadlines.

Message 2 of 3
Latest reply

The better way to have done it would have been to open a case for Not as Described.

You could not open a case for Not Delivered as the seller has delivered "something", even if it was not the entire thing and you would have lost as there was probably tracking.

Jump onto Paypal and open a case for Not as Described. You have 180 days to do so.

You really don't need to communicate back and forth with a seller who is stringing you along. Opening and closing a dispute WITHIN THE TIMEFRAME makes it formal and informs Ebay that there is an issue to be resolved.

If the seller is in Australia, they probably don't want half a bed back, so they'll probably have to refund. If the seller is overseas, they can really only refund anyway. Do not allow any seller to tell you to send anything back at your cost and do not close the dispute until you have received your refund.

Come back here if there are further issues.

Message 3 of 3
Latest reply