How can a seller open a NPI dispute when item has been paid for

I had purchased 2 items from seller

as i was having problems with the pay now button not working i was advised by ebay to ask sellers to send invoice through paypal

anyway seller did for the combined amount i have recieved both items and now tonight i get an unpaid item dispute from the seller claiming i have not paid for 1 of them how can they do that when both were paid for in full.

TIA.

Message 1 of 3
Latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Try talking to the buyer.  S/he might have made a mistake and incase the seller has set an automated unpaid item, ebay may have sent you an email without the seller even taking notice.

Simply ask them to 'Mark payment received' and everything will be sorted out

Message 2 of 3
Latest reply

Because you paid an independently sent invoice - ie it was not linked to the actual sale of the item, it will have shown up on the sellers summary page on ebay as not paid. They most likely have forgotten and an UPI has automatically been issued.

Do contact the seller and let them know that you paid, if you can give them the date, the amount paid and any other relevant information.

If this is the case the seller can manually mark the item as paid and the UPI should automatically be closed without issuing you a strike.

Message 3 of 3
Latest reply