How can you say 100% Silk feeling when it is polyester?

2bibbie
Community Member

I have just been searching for 100% silk scarves and found  '100% silk feeling' in the title and then polysester in the description.

Is this not false advertising?

Message 1 of 16
Latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

No because it says 100% silk feeling not 100% silk,but you could be able to put in an item not as described if it doesn't feel like silk.

Message 2 of 16
Latest reply

it is not false advertising if it actually does feel like silk

BUT

it is definitely KeyWord Spamming, and that is frowned upon by eBay.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
~~ ~~ ~~ Those who do right, have nothing to fear.
Message 3 of 16
Latest reply

It can help if you search like this

Silk scarves -polyester, -viscose, -ice, -nylon

As ice is synthetic too, but there is a term ice silk.

Try that on titles, then include the description if you get the synthetics still.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Buttercup: You mock my pain! Man in Black: Life is pain, Highness. Anyone who says differently is selling something.
Message 4 of 16
Latest reply

Had same issue with a scarfs I ordered.  

One listing in the title stated 100% silk.  There was nothing in listing description below stating anything about polyester. Received scarf and it stated 100% silk feeling polyester on the sewn in label.  The label was not pictured in any photos.

Another scarf I purchased on ebay in the description where ebay has you list details in the drop down menu, the material was identified as "silk" and no where in the listing was there a mention of polyester.  The scarf arrived and low and behold the label stated "100% polyester."  This listing also did not have any pictures of the label.

While many of these scarves from China are inexpensive, to me if the item is not 100% silk then there should be no mention of "100% silk" in the listing whatsoever.

Try returning the item and that is something else.  You have to pay for the postage and hope ebay reimburses you because the seller in China can't issue a return mailing label.

Message 5 of 16
Latest reply

perry mason, you need to brush up on your detective skills. Lol Smiley Very Happy

Doubt they can return the item seeing as this thread is 2 years old. Smiley Wink

But I agree with your point, If it is NOT 100% silk, it shouldn't state it in any way.

image host
Message 6 of 16
Latest reply

Stop buying cheap scarves from China. The Chinese can do whatever they like, violate as many policies as they like, because they are untouchable.

Message 7 of 16
Latest reply

Once upon a time the only place you could get silk from was China.

But Marco Polo and westernisation cruelled that.

Message 8 of 16
Latest reply

I had déjà vu seeing the thead title.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Buttercup: You mock my pain! Man in Black: Life is pain, Highness. Anyone who says differently is selling something.
Message 9 of 16
Latest reply

I prefer Thai silk, but that's just my preference 😄

Message 10 of 16
Latest reply