How do I contact the seller who is sending the product I have bought to my old postage address?

oobi51
Community Member
I have updated my registration details to show my new address but have had an email saying the product is going to be sent to my former address. This is very frustrating. Does anyone check this? Will I have to check to see if it arrives at my former address?
Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

How do I contact the seller who is sending the product I have bought to my old postage address?

cq_tech
Community Member
Your item will be going to the address specified during Paypal checkout and unfortunately there's nothing you can do about it except to ask the new residents to hold it for you when it arrives. Don't forget that anything purchased from eBay will be sent by default to your Paypal registered address, unless you specifically change it during checkout so the sooner you permanently update it, the better.
Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

When you go through ebay checkout it gives the address the seller must send to, if that is not the correct address then it is up to you to change it before proceeding to the payment page. If the seller has sent to the address showing in checkout and Paypal then they are covered by seller protection and unless you can get the parcel back from your old address you will be the loser if you try and claim. If your correct address was showing in checkout and on the Paypal transaction page then you are covered and will get a refund if you open a dispute.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

You can contact the seller by using the Contact Seller on the purchased item, or you can request contact details via eBay and give the seller a call.

Update your paypal details ASAP so this won't happen again.

You can't please all the people all the time, so now I just please myself

Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

Thank you for your help, much appreciated.
Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

Thank you for your help.
Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

Much appreciated, thanks.
Message 7 of 7
Latest reply