How do I get help from Ebay ... tried the automated chat, no help

Hello, 

Please can someone help me.

I purchased a Head Unit for my Peugeot which was supposed to link up with my incar computer and steering column controls, it didn't work with them.  The seller said to return it.  I had to wait to get the car back into the Auto Electrician to have it removed, but the Auto Elect was booked solid and I had to wait for a booking date.  By the time I got it removed Ebay had closed the return request.  I couldn't find a way to let them know I had to wait to get it removed,  I informed the Seller at all times that I had to wait and why, the Auto Elect was super busy, a 3 week wait to get it in.

So, as soon as I got it I returned it with the Tracking number using Express Post, I let the Seller know and he received it on 16th November as I check on the tracking code.

I have not had a refund, I don't know what to do, I have tried finding somewhere to Contact Ebay but only found an automated chat which doesn't let me tell them the problem.  Just going round in circles with that.  

How do I escalate this and get a refund?  Please help it is $399 and I need that back.

Thank you for any advice

Message 1 of 3
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Because the dispute has timed out you'll need to log into your Paypal account and open a dispute there in the "Resolution Centre" for "Item not as described", uploading the return tracking to the seller. Do not allow this to time out or you'll have no other recourse except for a CC chargeback if you paid that way.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
Latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Because the dispute has timed out you'll need to log into your Paypal account and open a dispute there in the "Resolution Centre" for "Item not as described", uploading the return tracking to the seller. Do not allow this to time out or you'll have no other recourse except for a CC chargeback if you paid that way.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 2 of 3
Latest reply

Thank you, after I posted my question I went to the PayPal Resolution centre. My refund came in three days plus they refunded my postage costs. It was very difficult to do in eBay, I have never had any trouble with PayPal, excellent help there.
Message 3 of 3
Latest reply