How do I report a seller who sold me a secondhand hard drive as a new one?

I recently bought an external hard drive, however, I could not get any of my laptops to read it, the seller refunded it and did not want it returned.

I took the hard drive out of the shuttle only to find that the hard drive was a secondhand drive and its labels had been removed and it looked like it had been tampered with.

I have been trying to find somewhere to report this seller the eBay but have not found anywhere. can anyone point me to the correct location to make a report? Thank you.

Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Not sure if this is for the seller with all the negs warning people they sell dodgy stuff like this

If it is, it is too late to open a not as described dispute

Which you wouldnโ€™t be able to do after dismantling it, especially yourself

And not having left neg feedback yourself either

Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

Good morning sandy... the OP received a refund without return.
Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

I know ๐Ÿ˜€

Just replying to their desire to report a seller they did'nt leave a neg for, did'nt open a dispute at the time for and ignored the negs the seller already had for selling similar stuff

So two options to alert eBay already passed up (plus the choice to not buy from this seller to start with)

Not sure there is another way to 'report' the seller well after the fact with the options available were not used in the time limit 

Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

I was overseas when the package arrive so was unable to test the drive within the dispute allowable time, however the seller did refund the cost of the drive as I was able prove with many tests that the drive was not repairable and therefore of little use to anyone.

The hard drive itself was not dismantled. When I received it is was inside a shuttle that  you can purchase cheaply to put a hard drive yourself, that is why I was able to take it out of the shuttle so easily and that is when I found the hard drive that had all the stickers remove from it and has a number of tamper marks on both sides.

I should point out that I am a computer technician and network manager so I am no stranger to computer hardware and test computers and hardware. 
I am fully aware not to purchase from that company again, however I feel that eBay should be made aware of a seller selling secondhand item as new.

Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

Which they would have been had the proper process been followed

Or had you looked at the feedback before buying so you could have avoided supporting the seller in the first place

Make eBay aware (you will need to contact them) but they wonโ€™t do anything after all this time, no dispute and no feedback

Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

@littlerosedesigns wrote:

I should point out that I am a computer technician and network manager so I am no stranger to computer hardware and test computers and hardware. 

And you bought a hard drive from Ebay.  

Message 7 of 7
Latest reply