How do I tell everyone <Removed> won't warranty their goods

build54
Community Member

How do I tell everyone <Removed> won't warranty their goods, just want everyone to be informed that after i purchesed a generator from them, it ran for approx 4 hours and they won't warranty it.

They will not replace or refund so now i need to take the matter further.

Any helpfull suggestions welcome as this was a bit of an outlay for me and now the generator is wothless.

Thanks

Message 1 of 11
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@build54 wrote:

How do I tell everyone <Removed> won't warranty their goods, just want everyone to be informed that after i purchesed a generator from them, it ran for approx 4 hours and they won't warranty it.

Any helpfull suggestions welcome as this was a bit of an outlay for me and now the generator is wothless.

Thanks

It would appear that you bought this generator more than one year ago

It is a typical cheap throwaway item.

It came with a "12 month Australia wide warranty" which is not worth the paper it was written on.

Therefore it is out of "warranty" anyway.

Items like this should only be purchased from Oz B & M stores.

Buy local ! Buy quality !. Does not have to be the most expensive !

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 11
Latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

You cannot name & shame on here. The ID will be removed shortly. 

Message 2 of 11
Latest reply

It's against policy to name and shame.

If you paid by PayPal you have 45 days to open a case for Item not as Described.

You will need to return it at your expense to the address PayPal specify for a refund of item plus initial postage costs.

Sometimes if the return costs outweigh the refund, PayPal won't require it to be returned but is at their discretion.

image host
Message 3 of 11
Latest reply

DUMP BAD FEEDBACK ON HIM, AND TRY AND NAME THE PROBLEM[ FAILED IN 4HRS AND REFUSES WARRENTY

THEN IF NOT TO LATE TAKE A PAY PAL CLAIM ON HIM AND TRY GET YOUR MONEY BACK.        KEEP IT AND REPAIR IT YOURSELF,   MAYBE CHEAP CHINESE SWITCH.  MUST ASK CHECK YOUR OIL?  IT WILL HAVE A LOW OIL CUT OUT

BY PASS ALL OF THE SWITCHES AND SEE IF IT STARTS    MAYBE AN EASY FIX  GOOD LUCK

Message 4 of 11
Latest reply

@build54 wrote:

Thanks

It would appear that you bought this generator more than one year ago

It is a typical cheap throwaway item.

It came with a "12 month Australia wide warranty" which is not worth the paper it was written on.

Therefore it is out of "warranty" anyway.

Items like this should only be purchased from Oz B & M stores.

Message 5 of 11
Latest reply

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

You purchased from that seller more than a year ago......it that the purchase you are talking about now?

How long was the warranty supposed to be and did you BIN it or was it an auction?

If it was an auction then there is no warranty anyway.

Message 6 of 11
Latest reply

Beaten by tuckcase.Smiley Very Happy

Message 7 of 11
Latest reply

@repentatleisure1952 wrote:

Exactly! My sister's a horse dentist and bought a cheap GMC generator from Bunnings about 8 years ago to get her out of trouble until she could save up to get a good one. She needs one to operate her power tools. That thing is STILL going strong! GMC doesn't even exist any more. It gets used nearly every day for several hours at a time. It can be a bit cantankerous to start sometimes when the weather is really cold, but once it starts, it just chugs away quite happily.

It certainly wasn't the cheapest generator, but it was far, far, FAR cheaper than the dearer good named brand stuff. The thing with that one was, if it broke down inside 12 months, she would have just had to take it back to any Bunnings for a no questions asked replacement.

That's the thing about buying B&M, you can simply go back in the warranty period and say "fix it". There are some things you shouldn't buy online..........phones, electronics and electrical stuff, just to name a few.

Message 8 of 11
Latest reply

Thanks tuckcase1989 lesson learnt for sure won't be buying cheap again, should have bought a Honda

Message 9 of 11
Latest reply

G,day, My 2 pennies worth!! I have 3 chinese water pumps & 2 generators now for 3 years & they are running fine, & start easy   BUT   if you are not mechanically minded stay away from them   The spark plugs are usually faulty, the cut out switches muck up,  things come lose & always make sure of the oil level as mentioned because of the cut out in them. IMO they rarely blow up as such just muck up & your generator has probably a  problem that is not serious but not worth the expense of taking somewhere to get fixed   So to all , if you can't fix things  yourself buy with a warranty from a B&M store.    ( GMC were great products but driven out of business by the big hardware chains)

Message 10 of 11
Latest reply