How do you get an empty shopping cart to show as empty at the top of the screen?

It continues to show 5 items when there are actually none there.

The 5 items appeared there after I won the 5 auctions, pending receipt of a combined postage invoice, but disappeared from the cart after I received and paid the invoice.

However, it continues to show with 5 items at the top of the screen (every screen, including this one), and it's irritating.

Message 1 of 16
Latest reply
3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

How do you get an empty shopping cart to show as empty at the top of the screen?

Clear cache and cookies maybe joz ?  Mine clears when I purchase the items in there ok.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 16
Latest reply

go-tazz
Community Member

@joztamps wrote:

The 5 items appeared there after I won the 5 auctions, pending receipt of a combined postage invoice, but disappeared from the cart after I received and paid the invoice.

However, it continues to show with 5 items at the top of the screen (every screen, including this one), and it's irritating.

It also generally says that it's empty but doesn't have to be and it's one of eBay MORONIC ideas of trying to

entice you to buy more,(it can't be turned of and I have a clip at the top of the monitor that I can insert a bit

of paper under to hide the bell and cart),blush-1.gif

Message 3 of 16
Latest reply

I ignore it. I don't pay any attention to the bell either.

I have trained my mind to ignore extraneous garbage on a computer screen. Only takes a week or so.

Message 4 of 16
Latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

Clear cache and cookies maybe joz ?  Mine clears when I purchase the items in there ok.

Message 2 of 16
Latest reply

go-tazz
Community Member

@joztamps wrote:

It also generally says that it's empty but doesn't have to be and it's one of eBay MORONIC ideas of trying to

entice you to buy more,(it can't be turned of and I have a clip at the top of the monitor that I can insert a bit

of paper under to hide the bell and cart),blush-1.gif

Message 3 of 16
Latest reply

I ignore it. I don't pay any attention to the bell either.

I have trained my mind to ignore extraneous garbage on a computer screen. Only takes a week or so.

Message 4 of 16
Latest reply

Thank you all, it went away on its own overnight.

Message 5 of 16
Latest reply

I get those popups of listings that are about to end to the right side of the screen and I assume that many get the same.

I hate it when you're in the middle of reading a listing or some other thing and those reminders just pop up and cover up what you're reading and if you have many of them like I do it takes more than a few seconds for them to disappear lol so annoying every time this happens.

Does this happen to you dave? and if so how long did it take for you to train your brain to ignore it? because I'm finding it hard to ignore these things.

Message 6 of 16
Latest reply

@collect247 wrote:

I get those popups of listings that are about to end to the right side of the screen and I assume that many get the same.

I hate it when you're in the middle of reading a listing or some other thing and those reminders just pop up and cover up what you're reading and if you have many of them like I do it takes more than a few seconds for them to disappear lol so annoying every time this happens.

I don't know about Dave, but I'm using Firefox with Adblock Plus and have never had those pop-ups in the middle of the screen Crow.

Message 7 of 16
Latest reply

Crow I get those popups too.   If they are in the way I just click on the page in the vague vicinity of the popup and it goes away.....no waiting for it to go away of it's own accord.  I dont even miss a beat with what I am reading as you don't need to be accurate as to where you click.

Message 8 of 16
Latest reply

I'm using adblock also but it has nothing to do with ads it's those pop ups from that silly bell.

Message 9 of 16
Latest reply

Haha I do try and click on the page but when you get the whole right side of your screen covered in these reminders all the time it gets on my nerves lol.

I think after 1 reminder a day it shouldn't remind you until the next day lol.

Message 10 of 16
Latest reply