How on earth can you contact ebay for advice without having to enter some sort of dispute position.

I am endeavouring to resolve an issue with a seller by direct contact, so far via ebay, without result, at this stage I don't think it would be advantageous to open a dispute resolution via ebay, but I can't see to contact the help people without doing just that.?

Message 1 of 14
Latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

How on earth can you contact ebay for advice without having to enter some sort of dispute position.

why not set out your problem here - maybe other ebay members can help you?

Message 2 of 14
Latest reply

Ok, I purchased a dvd set from Zap-media on 14th July, Australian seller but sending from UK. I received message that item had been shipped on 20/7 and that delivery would take 2 to 4 weeks. I contacted them on 17 Aug re no deleivery, on 25th they said delivey was probably delayed in the post and offered a refund or to resend the set. I replied that I would wait until the 1st Sept. and if not arrived I would want the item resent as it was an Ocober birthday gift for my wife.

On the 3/9 then again on 5/9 I contacted re the above (via ebays message system) but have had no reply.

To contact thgem through ebays help system mean I have to open a dispute resolution, when I only want to contact them...

I'm 82 and it's all getting a bit hard. cheers Ted

Message 3 of 14
Latest reply

If they are not willing to reply to you, then the only option for you is to open a dispute. I would give it another day or so though as many people only get on their computers a couple of times a week. 

Latest reply

I am not surprised that you cannot contact them....you have the wrong ID.   You need zap_media.

The ID you have given is not a seller and is located in Canada.

Try again.  If you have already been in contact through ebay Messages you should still be able to reply to one of their messages as it is not yet 90 days.

If that does not work you will need to go through their profile...make sure you put the item number in the message as the seller will not know what item you are talking about.

Message 5 of 14
Latest reply

Continuing from above, I have heard and they are resending.. thanks for your time. Ted

Message 6 of 14
Latest reply

Glad you have heard from them. In future, if you want to contact a seller without opening a dispute, select the contact seller link in the dropdown next to the item in your purchase history. When the options come up, select the one that says something like "I want to ask about using my item or ask seller a question". That way you are sending them a message without opening a dispute.

In the event that the replacement doesn't arrive, and the seller won't refund, your only option will be to open a PayPal dispute as it will be too long for an eBay dispute. Hopefully you won't have any issues. Fingers crossed it arrives in time for your wife's birthday!

Message 7 of 14
Latest reply

If the seller is resending I would say the OP will have no problems.  It will depend on Royal Mail/Australia Post as to whether it arrives in time though.

The seller is a very high volume seller and has excellent feedback....I have dealt with them several times with no problems.

Message 8 of 14
Latest reply

Thanks for helpful advice everyone, I'll drop aline when they arrive, but in the meantime fingers crossed.

One thing that concerned me a little, was the seller is listed as Australian, but as I found out ships from the UK, which makes

ebay's arrival date estimate totally wrong. Hence their protection time out happened even before the expected delivery date!

Message 9 of 14
Latest reply

You have 180 days for a PayPal dispute, so no problems there if the eBay process times out.

Message 10 of 14
Latest reply