How to contact eBay Postal Centre in regards to delayed package?

Hi there,

I am based in Sydney Australia and purchased an item from New York which was quickly sent by the seller through the eBay Global Shipping Centre.  It it here they handed it over to DAI Post and things went confusing.  The item is past its due delivery date and according to tracking took nine days to clear Sydney customs, flew down Melbourne for a few days, then back up to Sydney to go through customs a second time(?) with a delay, and for the last number of days has apparently been in transit to destination (which is usually not even a day from where it is located).  

I wasn't worried about this at all, until DAI Post assured me they handed it over to Australia Post for delivery, but when contacting AusPost they tell me the only information they received was a tracking number that said its due date over a week ago, and to contact the seller.  I have now contacted the seller who has told me he has nothing to track as eBay Global Shipping Centre had it under their control.

Is there any way of getting in contact with eBay besides going hrough the various loops of help pages they have on the website?

Message 1 of 25
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

The seller is correct....once the item reaches Erlanger KY they have no tracking for it as Pitney Bowes gives it a new tracking number.

Ebay is unlikely to be able to help you either.

I would suggest calling DAI Post again and asking if there is a new tracking number for the item.....then contact AP with whatever number they give you.

If AP still says they do not have it then ask to lodge a missing parcel enquiry.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 25
Latest reply
24 REPLIES 24

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

The seller is correct....once the item reaches Erlanger KY they have no tracking for it as Pitney Bowes gives it a new tracking number.

Ebay is unlikely to be able to help you either.

I would suggest calling DAI Post again and asking if there is a new tracking number for the item.....then contact AP with whatever number they give you.

If AP still says they do not have it then ask to lodge a missing parcel enquiry.

Message 2 of 25
Latest reply

There is no point in contacting eBay unless you are opening an Item Not Received claim, as they have nothing to do with shipping. Even through the GSP. That is a Pitney Bowes run operation.

I have no idea who or what DAI Post is, but perhaps contact them if they are the carrier. If AP is not, they will have no idea where it is. If AP is, they should be able to find out what's happening. Perhaps contact them through their facebook page - that seems to get results.

Edit: Snap Lyndal

Message 3 of 25
Latest reply

Dave, DAI Post seems to be an alternative carrier to FedEx for Pitney Bowes to send to Australia.

It has been in use for a while as evidenced by the tracking details....FEDKEB for FedEx and DAIKEB for DAI Post.

It does not surprise me at all....FedEx seems to have been struggling for a while to cope with the number of deliveries to Australia.

They got things here in reasonable time but were taking too long to deliver once they arrived.

Message 4 of 25
Latest reply

I haven't had anything through Fedex since August last year. That was less than a week from CA to CBR. Which I thought was pretty good. Maybe PB pay peanuts and Fedex don't prioritise PB items.

Message 5 of 25
Latest reply

That has always been the case Dave.   Despite calling it Priority shipping Pitney Bowes only stumped up for Economy rates which meant they had up to 3 weeks to deliver within Australia once the item cleared Customs.

No wonder Aussies were complaining about the GSP in general.....previously the USPS First Class service was much quicker (and cheaper) than that.

Message 6 of 25
Latest reply

I inadvertently bought 2 items which turned out to be GSP items (never again).

I'm amazed by the number of steps they go through before they even leave the USA. My feedback will not be kind particularly in the postage time/cost star ratings.
Message 7 of 25
Latest reply

There is no point leaving poor feedback when the seller has used the GSP....ebay removes any feedback that mentions anything negative about the service be it time taken or costs.

You may get away with low stars but actual negative comments are a waste of time.

Message 8 of 25
Latest reply

I can be creative. 1 star for time/cost and "very poor service not a happy buyer will not be back". They can't control feedback as it's a buyers perception of a transaction. I'm unhappy I leave appropriate feedback simple as that.
Message 9 of 25
Latest reply

Ebay definitely can control feedback.....and actively do so in the case of items shipped using the GSP.

It does not matter how creative you are and how many times you appeal it.

Message 10 of 25
Latest reply