How to get a refund due to fraudulent activity and cancelling refund process accidently?

hu_580448
Community Member

I purchased a boost sim but what arrived was a plastic screw. I started a refund process but cancelled it as I didn't want to bother sending back a screw as it was obvisously fraud. I looked at the feedback for the seller and this same fraud had been reported many times by other people. Now I cannot do anything to dispute the transaction. What can I do? Ther seems no way to contact ebay as far as I can tell.

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

How to get a refund due to fraudulent activity and cancelling refund process accidently?

If you opened an eBay dispute for "Item not received" and the seller could show by tracking an item was delivered you will lose the case. You should have opened an "item not as described" dispute then you shouldn't have had a problem.

Go to the link below then scroll to the bottom for contact options.

https://www.ebay.com.au/help/buying/returns-refunds/appeal-ebays-decision-return-missing-item-buyers...

Edit. Point out to the CS rep the negs the seller has for the item in question.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

The one with 13 negs in the past month alone?

(and you have not left them a neg as yet)

Why on earth buy from a seller like that?

and then not neg them?

eBay help is at the top of every page

Since you opted to cancel (not sure what the bother was going to be, but anyway)  well. I hope it was'nt an expensive sim

All so easily avoided at all

Please check feedback BEFORE buying to avoid supporting scammers like this one

Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

Serve me right for not reading the OP properly Sandy. The OP MAY still get a resolution if they go through that link though.

I'd be pushing it over nearly 150 bucks.........

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

91.9% positive feedback speaks for itself, and what buyers wrote in the last month alone in the negative feedback even "screams" for itself...

If you used PayPal to pay, you can still open a case in PP.

About contacting eBay, yes, there is an option - live chat. Go to the help page, scroll down to "contact us" and go through all the options until a live chat window appears (during normal business hours).

Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

Why would you pay to send back an item that was wrong?

The buyer/sellers guide clearly states that if an item is not as described, you should open the appropriate dispute and it is the responsibility of the seller to provide either a shipping label or postage funds in advance if they want the item to be returned. Any seller who has scammed you is unlikely to give you return postage money, so their only other option would be to refund you.

What do you expect Ebay to do about it? You cancelled the dispute!

You would now have a refund if you'd only followed the protocols that are there to protect you.

And always, always check out a seller before purchasing.

If you paid with Paypal, open a dispute there and do not close it until you have a refund.

Message 6 of 6
Latest reply