How to issue a return postage label

I purchased an item which is faulty. I have raised a return with Ebay and the buyer has accepted. He has now contacted me and his words, "We couldn't find return label function in Ebay"

He wants me to pay for the return postage and will reimburse me. Postage is approx. $30 which I really don't want to do.

As everything changes on Ebay and I don't remember what the procedure is to raise and send a return postage label, can someone please refresh my memory.

T.I.A.

Susan

Message 1 of 13
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Send the seller this link :-

https://www.ebay.com.au/help/selling/managing-returns-refunds/return-postage-sellers?id=4703

"Start me up I'll never stop......"

View solution in original post

Message 10 of 13
Latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

If the seller is overseas, they cannot generate a return label.

If that's the case, get a quote for the return and either get them to agree to it through eBay or, better, get them to forward you the funds prior to return.

The puts the ball in their court.

Message 2 of 13
Latest reply

Thankyou.

He is in Australia and has 9.5K feedback so I am dubious that it is his first return.

Message 3 of 13
Latest reply

In that case don't return without a postage label. The ball is in his court.

Have you opened a not as described case? If not, do so immediately. That will definitely put the onus on him to provide return postage.

Message 4 of 13
Latest reply

I did open a 'not as described case' but he then messaged me stating that he doesn't know how to process a return postage label.

I have repacked the item in the original box and it measures 110cm in length. I thought the limit was 105cm with Auspost and also he underestimated the weight by 200 grams. sketchy

This is a $120 item so I don't want to mess up the return and be out of pocket.

Message 5 of 13
Latest reply

If you have opened a not as described dispute through ebay, and he is refusing to send a return postage label, you should be able to ask ebay to step in and help after 4 or 5 days. Once that option appears, ask ebay to step in and help and they will refund you without you having to return the faulty item.

Sounds to me like the seller is trying to string you along until the dispute times out. As soon as the help option appears, use it. Don't let them string you along.

Edit: do not use your funds to return the item, because there is no way to force the seller to reimburse you. You'll never get that money back. He is trying to swindle you. Return postage label, or no return. If the dispute closes without a postage label, he gets a defect on his account.

Message 6 of 13
Latest reply

Thankyou for your reply. I'm not fussed on paying for the return postage coz I may or may not be reimbursed.

I can ask ebay to step in now but I want to return it. I just don't know how to explain to the seller the procedure on raising a return postage label.

p.s. luv  sons_and_daughters....good times

Message 7 of 13
Latest reply

found this in help, did you check in your purchase history? it may be generated automatically

https://www.ebay.com.au/help/buying/returns-refunds/returning-item/return-shipping?id=4066&st=12&pos...

viewmont1071_0-1650069317093.png

TELL ME AND I WILL FORGET, SHOW ME AND I MAY REMEMBER,, INVOLVE ME AND I WILL UNDERSTAND Confucius 450bc
Message 8 of 13
Latest reply

Thanks for your reply. The problem is, that the seller has not issued a return postage label. He claims to not know how to do it. I'm trying to find out what he needs to do so I can instruct him on the procedure.

Message 9 of 13
Latest reply

Send the seller this link :-

https://www.ebay.com.au/help/selling/managing-returns-refunds/return-postage-sellers?id=4703

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 10 of 13
Latest reply