How to open a discussion

Anonymous
Not applicable

How does one warn other EBay buyers about possible scams (Sales of large quantities of LEDs by new members located in Chinaon EBay) other than through feedback.

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

How to open a discussion

j*oono
Community Member

Really all you can do is report their listings to ebay.

There is a report link on the items page.  Probably try Listing Practices > Fraudulent listing activities > You suspect that a listing is fraudulent.

It looks like ebay have already taken care of one that you bought from and are probably looking at the other.

Joono
Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

How to open a discussion

Anonymous
Not applicable

An Escrow arrangement for payments made to new sellers on EBay may be a way to prevent scammers from operating. The payment only being released to the seller once the buyer has received what was ordered/won.

Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

How to open a discussion

An Escrow arrangement for payments made to new sellers on EBay may be a way to prevent scammers from operating. The payment only being released to the seller once the buyer has received what was ordered/won.

And just who is going to pay for this service? The buyer or the seller? Either way the price of goods would rise considerably and it would be just as hard checking that the escrow providers were legitimate.

There is nothing stopping a buyer and seller agreeing between them to use an escrow service and ebay even endorse one http://pages.ebay.com.au/help/tp/payment-escrow.html

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

How to open a discussion

I think most sellers would be up in arms if they had to wait for a buyer to let the escrow service know whether they received the goods.

For a very high priced item then I could understand using an escrow service but not for your average seller.  In a way Paypal takes care of that and don't they sometimes hold funds from untested sellers?  

Joono
Message 5 of 5
Latest reply