I am getting soooooo tired of this.

First off let me say, I do not sign out of this account. I live by myself, so there is no one else here to use my computer.

But, every day I come in to search for items I have to change my search criteria.

Go into "Customise view" & select "Time ending soonest, 200 items per page, Thumbnail Medium & tick Seller information, then click "Apply changes".

And, every day I come in the search criteria has reverted BACK to the default "Best Match, 50 items per page, Thumbnail Large & NO Seller information.

Getting soooo tired of having to change it every single time I come in to search for things.

Message 1 of 10
Latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

My settings have stayed put for the past few weeks now. 

000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

Voltaire: โ€œThose Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocitiesโ€ .
Message 2 of 10
Latest reply

Guess E-Bay likes it's "best match" ;\

Message 3 of 10
Latest reply

It may have something to do with the updates to their cookie policy recently (i.e. they may have changed how they're stored and/or what data is kept). What browser are you using? You may be able to keep the settings by changing your browser cookie settings, as well.

Message 4 of 10
Latest reply

Hi- I also have had this problem but there is a way around it. If you save all your searches through the advanced search (next to search button at the top) then you can customize your search to ending soonest,newly listed etc and also to 200 per page. These functions are near the bottom of the page. Hope this helps.

Sue

Message 5 of 10
Latest reply

Sorry for the lateish reply. I had to go out & didn't expect to be this long.

D*G, I'm using the latest Firefox. Version 17.0

Richardson. Yes I do saved searches & my search criteria does stick with that, but quite often I'll just do a random search for something I normally wouldn't search for, & it's these where my search criteria does not stick.

Message 6 of 10
Latest reply

Like DG said, I think it could have something to do with your settings. For security some settings will log out and revert to default automatically every time you power down or log out.

image host
Message 7 of 10
Latest reply

D*G, I'm using the latest Firefox. Version 17.0

Me too, but my settings remain the way I set them a couple of years ago so I'm guessing it's not a browser issue. (Just in case, check your settings by going to Tools > Options > Privacy > Firefox will: Remember history, or if you're using custom settings, it might be that you have it checked to delete cookies when you close Firefox - if so, switching to when they expire should do the trick. If that doesn't help, try right-clicking on the page when on the eBay site and select View Page info > Permissions and see if it's set to allow cookies from eBay). 

If it's not that, it may be a glitch similar to the one that prompts the neverending sign-in cycle, in which case I have no ideas... :8}

Message 8 of 10
Latest reply

I have the latest Firefox; used to default to the dreaded best match, but now stays at ending soonest ๐Ÿ™‚

000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

Voltaire: โ€œThose Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocitiesโ€ .
Message 9 of 10
Latest reply

If that doesn't help, try right-clicking on the page when on the eBay site and select View Page info > Permissions and see if it's set to allow cookies from eBay). 

If it's not that, it may be a glitch similar to the one that prompts the neverending sign-in cycle, in which case I have no ideas... :8}

Remember history was selected. With the above, cookies were allowed & "Set default" was ticked, so I've unticked that to see what happens. Thanks for your help so far.

Message 10 of 10
Latest reply