I am trying to get a copy of a payment to a seller and you keep stopping it WHY

I have always just sent pdf so when did you change to this idea

Message 1 of 11
Latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Nobody here is doing any such thing, people here are buyers and sellers like yourself so why are YOU blaming us?

Perhaps conatct eBay and question them

Message 2 of 11
Latest reply

because my pdf attachments are being stopped be EBAY and they are adviseing me as to the fact

Message 3 of 11
Latest reply

@dugjohn10 wrote:

I have always just sent pdf so when did you change to this idea

Hi. There must be a reason they don't allow it, perhaps concerned about info within which might allow off site trading or who knows really. Is there a reason you need to provide proof of payment? If you wanted to give a bit more information, members here could potentially offer advice but if not, just call Ebay and talk to them about it

Message 4 of 11
Latest reply

I presume you paid by Paypal, so why does the seller need a PDF of the payment, they can simply go to their Paypal account.

If you didn't pay by Paypal and paid instead by bank deposit, I hope you realise that you have absolutely no buyer protection at all. The seller can just take your money and you can do nothing about it.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 5 of 11
Latest reply

it is only a copy of a direct payment made through a bank   but the bank only does numbers as identification. I find this wierd as other banks just apply my user name,so we hit a snag and the seller asked for a Copy of the docket from the bank now I have tried several emails and Ebay in their wisdom have not put them through to the seller and soon he will get a Failure to suply against him.

Message 6 of 11
Latest reply

So you did pay by bank deposit, I hope you know the seller well otherwise I suspect you've lost your money.

DON'T pay by unsafe payment methods, unless you can afford to lose your money.....................

Message 7 of 11
Latest reply

Just to add, the seller cannot get a "Failure to supply against him" because eBay is not interested in your problem since you didn't use a "safe payment" method to pay your seller.

Indeed the seller could open a non-payment dispute against YOU and you wouldn't have a leg to stand on.

Message 8 of 11
Latest reply

Why don't you just send a screenshot in jpeg format? I can't see why you'd need a pdf file.
Message 9 of 11
Latest reply

@brerrabbit585 wrote:
Why don't you just send a screenshot in jpeg format? I can't see why you'd need a pdf file.

brer, it could be that the bots have picked up the attempts by the OP to send the PDF as an "out of eBay sale" and have banned communication to anyone for the OP and the seller for a week. 

Message 10 of 11
Latest reply