I am unable to return an item using the item number. Keeps saying item not found. I have followed

tweaky44
Community Member

I am unable to return an item using the item number. Keeps saying item not found. I have followed directions from the seller.  Who advises me to contact ebay directly and they can open the return request for me.  But I can not find any contact details.

Message 1 of 9
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I am unable to return an item using the item number. Keeps saying item not found. I have followed

@tweaky44 wrote:

The seller told me ebay could open a return form for me but I can not find any contact details for ebay.

As I said in my post, if the item was purchased more than 6 months ago you cannot open a dispute in eBay or Paypal - the timeframe is well outside both their limits.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"

View solution in original post

Message 8 of 9
Latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Copy n paste the item number from the listing.

image host
Message 2 of 9
Latest reply

Message 3 of 9
Latest reply

I think kopenhagen meant to copy and paste it into the return item case

People here are unable to open the case for you, everyone here are simply buyers and sellers like yourself

eBay staff do not read here, there is a 'help' tab at the top and bottom of every page where you will find the link to contact eBay

I searched that item number and nothing came up under completed listings

How long ago did you buy?

Message 4 of 9
Latest reply

@enigmabear wrote:

How long ago did you buy?

bear, if it's from the last seller to leave feedback for the OP then it's over 6 months ago - well outside both an eBay dispute and a Paypal one.

Message 5 of 9
Latest reply

Well spotted (and quite possible) 

Message 6 of 9
Latest reply

Its was bought a long time ago.

I copy and pasted the item number into a return item case and it shows not item.  The seller confirmed the item number is correct.

The seller told me ebay could open a return form for me but I can not find any contact details for ebay.

Message 7 of 9
Latest reply

@tweaky44 wrote:

As I said in my post, if the item was purchased more than 6 months ago you cannot open a dispute in eBay or Paypal - the timeframe is well outside both their limits.

Message 8 of 9
Latest reply

As mentioned, the contact details are under the 'help' tab, which is located at the top and bottom of every page

In future, if you need to return an item, you need to do it within the timeframe limits rather than keeping something for a long time and then attempting to return it (a good idea to check things when they arrive, to make sure they are as described)

Message 9 of 9
Latest reply