I bought a natural Jute sisal herringbone knot floor rug from <Removed>

This rug is 120 W and 170 Length for $159.90
on 20/01/14

It looks out of shape terrible the sides are not even straight on one side and the knots are coming apart, very unhappy with it.a
There is only 2 us in the house and hardly been used cause we were away from the 16m February to the 7 April.

I have been sending emails to this seller for the last two months to no response.

Please can you tell me what you can do about it even if at least he can change it for for something else. I have bought other staff from ebay and I have never been disappointed as with this item. I even have taken it off cause I cannot stand looking at it.

I will appreciate response from Ebay, to direct me to him because I have tried and no response from him.

Romilda Jones
hamrunromy
Message 1 of 3
Latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Hello, to contact eBay - go to Customer support tab - top right of screen.

However, eBay will be unable to do anything for you as you did not buy the item from them.

For future purchases, pay by PayPal and raise a dispute within 45 days if the item is not as described.

Unfort7unately, on this occasion, at this point in time, there are very few courses of action (if any) and eBay is not one of them.

Some people can go their whole lives and never really live for a single minute.
Message 2 of 3
Latest reply

If they are an Australian business contact your states department of fair trading for advice.

Sending a formal email or letter outlining the issue and the remedy you are seeking may prompt the seller to refund.

Consumer Affairs Victoria provide the following example (using a watch as the example - and I have amended it slightly - on their website:

Example email requesting a refund for a faulty item bought online

Dear SELLER NAME

On DATE, I bought a ‘PRODUCT and eBay listing number’ (item no. 30045251777) from your eBay seller store or Id, ‘XXXX’.

I used the ‘Buy it now’ option and paid $xxx plus $xxxxxshipping via PayPal. My eBay username is xxxxx.

After wearing the watch for only one month, several of the crystals had fallen off. I emailed you about this on XXXXX DATES , and received no response.

Now the watch has stopped working. It is my view that under Australian Consumer Law, this watch is:

• not of acceptable quality (a quality appropriate to the $XXXX I paid)
  • not fit for purpose (it does not work).

Please see the attached photo of the XXXX, and a copy of my PayPal receipt.

I would like to return the watch to you, to see if it can be repaired. If you cannot repair it, I would like you to refund the cost of the watch and my return postage costs.

Please respond to my email within seven working days. If I do not hear from you, I will have no other option but to take my complaint further.

You can contact me via eBay messages or on my mobile xxxxx. 

Yours sincerely

XXXXXXXXX

Message 3 of 3
Latest reply