I don't have the goods and the seller has disappeared from e-bay. Where do I go from here

I don't have the goods and the seller has disappeared from e-bay, so I can't contact them. The are now scheduled to arrive two months after the original date which was 5 June, so now 5 August.  This is too late for me.  I was overcharged. Where do I go from here?

Message 1 of 8
Latest reply
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

I don't have the goods and the seller has disappeared from e-bay. Where do I go from here

As kopenhagen has said, open a case of Item Not Arrrived immediately.

Then contact eBay CS (I think you can still only use the Chat facility at present, due to COVID-19 restrictions on eBay staff), and ask them to escalate immediately as the seller is no longer a registered user.

You should be granted a full refund without any further ado.

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 8
Latest reply

Do what Kopes said. You might be better with a PayPal dispute as you can't open an eBay one until the first estimate has passed.

Other than that, stop buying from Chinese sellers. I love my Chinese sellers, but there are so many dodgy ones. 

View solution in original post

Message 7 of 8
Latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

You will still be able to see the seller's account with 'Deregistered' next to it.

Is the account deregistered ?

image host
Message 2 of 8
Latest reply

Thank you for your prompt resonse.
"No longer a registered user" is the messae in red.

Message 3 of 8
Latest reply

If the item is not marked as sent then I would open a case for INR immediately.

If the system doesn't allow you to open the case then contact ebay via chat and explain the seller is no longer registered and you would like ebay to open a case for you.

If it was marked as sent, then there is a chance you will receive the item.

image host
Message 4 of 8
Latest reply

Thanks for this.  The item is marked as sent and as I said the delivery date is way outside of an acceptable timeframe.  i never would ahve bought it under those conditions, but I guess I am stuck with that..  This makes two e-bay purchases in a row which have not worked out for me unfotunately. 

Message 5 of 8
Latest reply

As kopenhagen has said, open a case of Item Not Arrrived immediately.

Then contact eBay CS (I think you can still only use the Chat facility at present, due to COVID-19 restrictions on eBay staff), and ask them to escalate immediately as the seller is no longer a registered user.

You should be granted a full refund without any further ado.

Message 6 of 8
Latest reply

Do what Kopes said. You might be better with a PayPal dispute as you can't open an eBay one until the first estimate has passed.

Other than that, stop buying from Chinese sellers. I love my Chinese sellers, but there are so many dodgy ones. 

Message 7 of 8
Latest reply

Thanks.
Message 8 of 8
Latest reply