I have had the seller deny my return request on a $600 item that does not work, what can I do now?

I have had the seller deny my return request on a $600 item that does not work, what can I do now?

Message 1 of 13
Latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

What is the item # and how did you pay for it?
Message 2 of 13
Latest reply

If you paid via PayPal and it is within 30 days of the last estimated delivery date then open an eBay case for INAD.

If it is outside of the eBay deadline then log into PayPal and open a case for INAD as PP gives 180 days.

image host
Message 3 of 13
Latest reply

@twyngwyn wrote:

What is the item # and how did you pay for it?

This one I reckon twyn :-

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 4 of 13
Latest reply

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

@jenfarrellwalk wrote:

If ebay has closed the case you cannot reopen it so will need to open a dispute through paypal if that is how you paid.

Message 5 of 13
Latest reply

If you have to go through Paypal sign up for their limited return postage offer BEFORE you open a dispute with them, or else you will have to pay all the return postage charges.

https://www.paypal.com/au/webapps/mpp/returns

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 6 of 13
Latest reply

@kopenhagen5 wrote:

If you paid via PayPal and it is within 30 days of the last estimated delivery date then open an eBay case for INAD.

If it is outside of the eBay deadline then log into PayPal and open a case for INAD as PP gives 180 days.

Given you're an expert ๐Ÿ˜œ can I ask, since it appears the seller is in Korea, does the buyer have to pay return postage? It's unclear whether the op has officially opened a case, but the seller states in their returns section that they don't refund postage costs and the buyer has to pay for return postage, upon receipt of the item they will refund. That wouldn't stand in Australia but just wondered what the return process is for international purchases?

Just as a side note to the op, never return without opening a case and following the steps as instructed

Message 7 of 13
Latest reply

@11dustyattic wrote:

@kopenhagen5 wrote:

Given you're an expert ๐Ÿ˜œ can I ask, since it appears the seller is in Korea, does the buyer have to pay return postage? It's unclear whether the op has officially opened a case, but the seller states in their returns section that they don't refund postage costs and the buyer has to pay for return postage, upon receipt of the item they will refund. That wouldn't stand in Australia but just wondered what the return process is for international purchases?

Just as a side note to the op, never return without opening a case and following the steps as instructed

For Aus cases, seller provides a postage label and tracking is uploaded to the case.

For International cases buyer usually needs to pay the return postage (making sure tracked postage is used and uploaded to the case) and rely on the seller refunding. 

For this seller to state they don't pay for returns, that will probably be for change of mind returns rather than faulty items which is common for Aus sellers also.

As for being an expert, I don't know about that.

My philosophy is that I am always learning. Smiley Wink

image host
Message 8 of 13
Latest reply

@kopenhagen5 wrote:

@11dustyattic wrote:

@kopenhagen5 wrote:

For Aus cases, seller provides a postage label and tracking is uploaded to the case.

For International cases buyer usually needs to pay the return postage (making sure tracked postage is used and uploaded to the case) and rely on the seller refunding. 

For this seller to state they don't pay for returns, that will probably be for change of mind returns rather than faulty items which is common for Aus sellers also.

As for being an expert, I don't know about that.

My philosophy is that I am always learning. Smiley Wink

lol yes of course, it's a constant learning curve. The seller stated they would refund upon receiving the item back, I just wasn't sure who paid return postage. Thank you

Message 9 of 13
Latest reply

Keeping in mind the seller may be referring to refund of the item only, not the postage.

To add, if opening a case in PayPal, a buyer can sign up for PP's free returns before opening the case.

PP will pay up to I think it is $35 for postage and limited to 3 in one year.

image host
Message 10 of 13
Latest reply