I left negative feedback for a seller here on eBay. Then, & 4 days later it has been removed?

How & why in the heck did a Negative Feedback that I left for a seller here on eBay a short time ago just go away without my permission & without notification from eBay of the removed Negative Feedback?  I myself am shocked & have never experienced this happen before after being a member on eBay for going on 8 years...  That is pretty lame & corrupt if sellers are, and have found & figured out ways behind buyers backs to remove Negative Feedback that was left for them!!  I am not happy about this being a buyer! Man Mad

If this is the new eBay where sellers can now get all or almost all posted Negative Feedback removed without a requested buyers revision request, than that is pretty screwed up & will leave all buyers at risk with virtually all of us no longer truly knowing if a seller on eBay is reliable or trustworthy because they are somehow getting through to removing any or all Negative Feedback that is left for them from previous buyers so that they can look & appear to have all & only Positive Feedback.

I do not know how this is happening now or even allowed on eBay unless there is a Loophole or a Hack that eBay is not aware of that needs to be seriously addressed & looked into by eBay so that it is not allowed or able to happen again with these sneaky & stealth sellers who are causing their own Negative Feedback from sellers in the first place!!

Message 1 of 26
Latest reply
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

I left negative feedback for a seller here on eBay. Then, & 4 days later it has been removed?

If you bought something from the US or UK and it was sent via Global Shipping, if you comment anything bad about the GSP, then it is automatically removed by eBay.

Also, as others have mentioned, if you mention a dispute, a seller can have it removed. If you call the seller names, like scammer, then they can have it removed. 

Edit: Just noticed that you are in the US, so definitely not a mention of the GSP! You could try asking on the US forums. There might be different rules on the .com site.

Welcome to Australia!

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 26
Latest reply

No problems about you posting on the aussie board.Smiley Happy I suppose the only factor, as Tippy said, is ebay USA may have slightly different rules in place.

I was talking to someone who sells regularly on ebay (Aust) who was saying they noticed a new feature, or at least something that had not noticed before. Next to their list of sold items there was an option for the seller to report a buyer and a list of things they could be reported for.

This seller used that option after being given a neutral or neg (forget which) for postage cost after selling a reasonably heavy item that was pick up only. An interstate buyer bought it, then wanted it posted, didn't approve of the postage cost and asked for the sale to be cancelled, which was not a problem, seller did that. Then came the bad feedback. It just said postage costs too expensive. 

Ebay did remove that feedback so perhaps more sellers are using that option to report a buyer and dispute the feedback.

I don't think all bad feedback should be removed by any means. Occasionally a buyer might be unreasonable as in the case above, but if feedback is factual and fair then it should remain.

View solution in original post

Message 9 of 26
Latest reply
25 REPLIES 25

Quick Correction: I meant, "who are causing their own Negative Feedback from (Buyers) in the first place!!"
Message 2 of 26
Latest reply

You don't have the right to be informed of your feedback being removed, just to be clear.

Feedback can be removed for a number of reasons but it usually because of one of these reasons:

• Abusive content
  • Unfair
  • Mentioning that there was a dispute involved
  • Mentioning the name of the seller
Latest reply

Or just because the seller has an account manager who manages to have ALL negative feedback removed.
Message 4 of 26
Latest reply

@wide-world-of-stamps wrote:
Or just because the seller has an account manager who manages to have ALL negative feedback removed.

Who could you be talking about?

Smiley LOL

Message 5 of 26
Latest reply

If you bought something from the US or UK and it was sent via Global Shipping, if you comment anything bad about the GSP, then it is automatically removed by eBay.

Also, as others have mentioned, if you mention a dispute, a seller can have it removed. If you call the seller names, like scammer, then they can have it removed. 

Edit: Just noticed that you are in the US, so definitely not a mention of the GSP! You could try asking on the US forums. There might be different rules on the .com site.

Welcome to Australia!

Message 6 of 26
Latest reply

This is the seller & do not trust buying from them since they are managing to get everybody's Negative Feedback that is left for them secretly & conveniently removed to look like they are perfect & great with no negative feedback or even much less Negative Feedback than they truely have.  

I ordered a 1 oz Essential Oil from this seller & when I received it, it was not 100% pure as advertised & described.  The Essential Oil was in a insoluble solution such as Water & the Essential Oil was obviously floating to the top of the bottle & was separated & balling up in tiny beads...  I instantly filed for a return on this not as advertised product without even opening up the Essential Oil because I could tell that it was not 100% pure & was obviously diluted & separated just by looking through the 1 oz bottle.  The seller accepted my return a couple of days later.  I shipped the bad not as advertised product back to them with the prepaid return shipping label & waited to leave 1-Star Negative Feedback until I made sure that I got me full refund back for the item.  Once I got my refund; then yes, I went ahead & left 1-Star Negative Feedback for the seller describing that the specific Essential Oil that I ordered "was not 100% pure as advertised & described by the seller & that the Essential Oil was floating & balling up in a insoluble solution such as Water".

Then 4 days later, this seller somehow managed to surprisingly get this Negative Feedback left by me removed from their eBay Seller Profile.  I know that I will never purchase from this cruel & crooked seller on eBay again!!

Message 7 of 26
Latest reply

Thanks for the quick heads up that just informed me & let me know that somehow Goggle directed me to the Australia eBay Community Discussions Board which I was not aware of until now.  I appreciate that & will try to post on the US eBay Community Discussions Board.  If I could delete my accidental Australia eBay Community Discussion here, than I certainly would but don't know how or think that I can do so. 

I am sorry people for the confusion & accidental post of mine on the Australian eBay Community Discussions Board instead of the US eBay Discussions Board.  It is partially Googles search results that took me to the Australian eBay Discussions Board instead of the US eBay Discussions Board like I thought that I was posting to...

Message 8 of 26
Latest reply

No problems about you posting on the aussie board.Smiley Happy I suppose the only factor, as Tippy said, is ebay USA may have slightly different rules in place.

I was talking to someone who sells regularly on ebay (Aust) who was saying they noticed a new feature, or at least something that had not noticed before. Next to their list of sold items there was an option for the seller to report a buyer and a list of things they could be reported for.

This seller used that option after being given a neutral or neg (forget which) for postage cost after selling a reasonably heavy item that was pick up only. An interstate buyer bought it, then wanted it posted, didn't approve of the postage cost and asked for the sale to be cancelled, which was not a problem, seller did that. Then came the bad feedback. It just said postage costs too expensive. 

Ebay did remove that feedback so perhaps more sellers are using that option to report a buyer and dispute the feedback.

I don't think all bad feedback should be removed by any means. Occasionally a buyer might be unreasonable as in the case above, but if feedback is factual and fair then it should remain.

Message 9 of 26
Latest reply

Sorry people. I typed in the sellers profile name in my last typed discussion but eBay removed it from my write up because "it violates the Usage Policy which requires: No naming and shaming."

My apologies.
Message 10 of 26
Latest reply