I’m going to Delete my eBay account

I am so sick of the eBay app. There are constant glitches that make it more difficult to use. Japan keep flooding my search pages with super overpriced items that I have to search through so much **bleep** just to find what I want. I am sick of it and after these items I’ve purchased are delivered, eBay will be gone from my life forever. Thanks, it was fun while it was fun.

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Good bye, you know you don't need to announce your departure, you could just drift off into insignificance. 

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

Don't access ebay on your phone then, if that is how you are doing it.

I look at ebay both on my phone and on a computer and have never seen anything from Japan.

Maybe clear your cache, see if that makes a difference.

But ona  computer, i find ebay works as smooth as silk. Except maybe on Fridays.😁

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Good bye, you know you don't need to announce your departure, you could just drift off into insignificance. 

Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

Don't access ebay on your phone then, if that is how you are doing it.

I look at ebay both on my phone and on a computer and have never seen anything from Japan.

Maybe clear your cache, see if that makes a difference.

But ona  computer, i find ebay works as smooth as silk. Except maybe on Fridays.😁

Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

Feeling the exact same way.

I have been with eBay over 15 years and just got shafted by a scammer and eBay, and their ‘money back guarantee’. Not only did I not get my $714 back but they removed my negative feedback!! 

I bought prepaid satchels which never came. But tracking said it did. Australia post were awesome. They fully investigated and said that only small envelopes were sent (too small to contain my purchase), likely to another P.O. Box and they wrote me a letter confirming it was likely a scam. The guy also told me on the phone that eBay is aware of this scam but wouldn’t help me and I should seek ‘chargebacks’ from my bank. 

But the scammer told eBay tracking said it arrived and eBay didn’t even bother to give me a chance to reply but decided the case the same day it was escalated to them by the seller (I tried and tried to put in my side but there was no ability to add anything except my initial comments from a week earlier that it hadn’t arrived and I was investigating) because tracking shows it arrived that’s it. I didn’t even get a chance to submit my Australian post letter. Then they deleted my feedback as the final kick up the **bleep**.

Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

Is there any particular reason why you think you need to post the same rant in multiple threads? Once would certainly have been enough.

Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

That would be enough to rile anyone and it is a failing in the system that you were not able to add extra comments or submit the Australia Post letter.

The feedback being removed is an additional insult but is insignificant compared to the financial loss.

I am wondering if you can access ebay chat to put your case forward and ask for it to be reinvestigated.

Get your facts written down in sequence in front of you so when you are putting forth your case, you don't get sidetracked. To me, your main points are that the item never came and you have the Australia Post letter to confirm it. At this stage, I would not worry about bringing the feedback into the discussion. One main thing at a time. Hopefully, they would be willing to re examine your case.

If not, I think you would need to try a paypal claim, if you paid that way.

Please come back and let us know how you get on.

Message 6 of 6
Latest reply