I made a purchase, money went to seller, now seller can't can't be contacted

I made a purchase, money was paid via paypal, did not receive any confirmation from the seller for the purchase.

Have tried contacting the seller but with no luck. Have also tried and tried to talk to somebody in EBAY but that is next to impossible.

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Has the final ETA for the item passed ?  Until that happens there's not much you can do, if it has passed then open a case with eBay's MBG.

https://pages.ebay.com.au/ebay-money-back-guarantee/

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

The ebay Call Centre has been closed since early last year due to Covid.....the only way to contact them is through Live Chat.

Did you receive an acknowledgement of your payment from paypal?  As long as you have that it is all you need to prove payment.  Why do you need to contact the seller?

Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

What type of confirmation are you looking for? What do you think Ebay will do? How long ago did you purchase?

If a reasonable amount of time has passed and you have not received it, just open case for Item Not Received.

Not all sellers communicate with their buyers, but that is not necessarily a bad thing.

If you provide the item number, we can see if the seller is domestic, or international and we can also tell by their feedback what type of experience you are likely to have.

Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

If the item was purchased within that last 3 weeks...

You may desire to go back to the original listing, double check all the terms and conditions the seller may have imposed on the sale.

Make sure it is the original listing that you purchased from, and not a recent seller modified version.

Double check all the fine print. Sections regarding payments, delivery times etc...

I am presuming that you have paid for the item through the eBay checkout facility correct?

Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

You may also desire to peruse this article outlining the unethical activity of sellers and suppliers using unclear "fine print" that is barely legible, and how the courts ruled in favour of the buyer.

https://www.maddocks.com.au/insights/maddocks-onpoint-use-fine-print-firing-line

The minimum legal font size for a binding agreement/contract is considered by the Australian Courts to be 12 point. However, the

courts will also take into account the legibility of the font used. The way the courts see it is, basically if the contract could have been expressed to be more legible, such as the use of tiny font size to display critical information regarding the contract/agreement.

As far as the courts are concerned, they set the standard with 12 point typeface as being the legal and legible size, and the standard is also required when lodging documents to the Australian Federal Court, and the Australian Federal Circuit Court.

Such courts will not accept less than 12 point in the document, as it is considered not being legible for a legally contract/agreement.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=2ahUKEwitraSZi_ruA...

Message 6 of 6
Latest reply