I type 'small laptop computer' why do I see computer bags? Why is free postage pick up only?

Message 1 of 10
Latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

I type 'small laptop computer' why do I see computer bags? Why is free postage pick up only?

Some sellers list in the wrong categories.

The free postage problem is when sellers list pick up items from a phone.

We have reported it to both ebay n apple. 

If it says free postage in searches, always check in the listing under the postage section before bidding.

Best to list items for sale from a PC. The apps aren't fully functional.

image host
Message 2 of 10
Latest reply

When I type in 'small laptop computer'  I am seeing nearly all laptops and very few bags or pick-up. Maybe you ned to change your search parameters? 

Latest reply

Try putting in search the screen size for the laptop you are looking for, e.g. 10"  - to be more specific.

I think the word 'small' is more likely to come with computer bags, tablet sleeves etc in search. Rather than sellers advt 'a small laptop'

I am getting bags, mouses etc, when I search for small laptop computer.

Message 4 of 10
Latest reply

Bernadette you can narrow the search by doing this :-

laptop computer -bag -mouse       (and whatever else is getting thrown into the search)

Note the space before the minus symbol.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 5 of 10
Latest reply

Maranock, you are lucky.....I don't know what else I can do. Because there are listings which state free postage, I
waste a lot of time scrolling through them all, thinking I can buy the item, then when I look at the details, I See pick up only, generally in another State. To me, that is false advertising. If it states 'free postage' then that is what it should mean.. If I were advertising an item for sale I would post on the listing how much the postage is,or state where pick up is from. That way is there is no confusion. I have been using Ebay since 2006, and that time wasting type of advertising is my only gripe! Thanks for your reply.
Message 6 of 10
Latest reply

padi*0409 I have tried every which way to state clearly what I am searching for. The last thing was the small laptop. I put the size in, named Acer, HP etc, tried every configuration, still came up with few laptops, more bags & accessories! Thanks for your reply.
Message 7 of 10
Latest reply

By the way, I will try the space dash thing next time!!
Message 8 of 10
Latest reply

Thank you. So frustrating isn't it? We don't have time to scroll through stuff we don't want, getting nowhere in the end!,
Message 9 of 10
Latest reply

Bernadette, this is one of my modified searches, you can see all the carp that it's filtered out...........

Capture.PNG

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 10 of 10
Latest reply