I've bought and item, they send me the wrong color, for full refound, they want

THEY want me to send the item first Then the"ll refund my money.  I' did not agree to wait, I asked for my money to be refund.  I wanted Ebay to step in but I CAN NOT SEE THAT OPTION  on my message anymore

Message 1 of 8
Latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

@salmoshabakuc,

Oh goodness... That seller has a poor feedback score for a high-volume seller. 97.9% is too low. The seller is furthermore registered in China, as you can see when you click onto the feedback percentage; it takes you to the seller's feedback profile page which says:

Chinese eBay sellers are notorious for stringing along buyers until the time to open a case (or escalate to a claim) has lapsed.

Did you go through the eBay process to request the refund? Under the eBay Money Back Guarantee, you have until 30 days after the latest "estimated delivery date" to report that the item hasn't arrived. Quoting:

Let the seller know your item hasn't arrived

If the estimated delivery date for your item has passed, and you still haven't received your item, let the seller know. You have 30 days from the estimated delivery date to inform the seller that you didn't receive your item.

[...]

Once you've told them there's a problem, the seller has 3 business days to provide a delivery update, offer a replacement, or give you a refund.❞

(The link to report that an item hasn't arrived is here.)

If you did report that the item hasn't arrived (using the eBay process to officially report this), you have 30 days from that time to request eBay to step in if your seller hasn't refunded you. Quoting:

❝You generally have up to 30 days after you opened the request to ask us to step in and help.❞

(The link to ask eBay to step in is here.)

If you have allowed the seller to string you along beyond the time to report the non-arrival, or to ask eBay to step in, you are no longer covered under eBay's Money Back Guarantee.

However, you have another line of protection. You must open a PayPal dispute.

PayPal Buyer Protection: open dispute absolutely no later than 180 days from the "date of purchase".

There's the option to open a claim in PayPal using PayPal Buyer Protection (you have up to 180 days to open a dispute, and once you've opened the dispute, you must escalate the dispute to a claim NO LATER than 20 days after opening the dispute). I would suggest that you escalate immediately since the seller has obviously no interest in refunding you of their own free will.

Don't close the dispute until you have had the situation resolved. If you do close the dispute without having received the refund (verified in your Paypal account), you cannot re-open it.

(NOTE: never click onto an email link even if it looks as though it's been sent by PayPal. Always log into your PayPal account from your web browser window, to avoid being redirected to a fake PayPal page, or activating a keylogger, etc.)

Message 2 of 8
Latest reply

Hi : Thank you for your msg.

The Item arrived but it was the wrong color so I did ask for a full refund, and yes after a few messages from the seller asking me if I would be happy with 20% then 30% refund I said no to it because I'm not at fault I did insist for a full refund.  Fair enought I have not problem with returning the Item but I was thinking why do I have to wait for God knows how many weeks before get a refund. Then  I found a link so I could get help from eBay, I was told that I have a good case and then they left a link that I could use in case I don't reach an agreement with the seller, then they could step in, still not reaching an agreement with the seller I did look for that link it was not there anymore, instead there was a "step by step return process"  All what I wanted was my money back ASAP I think its a FAIR think to ask, so I have no way to get eBay involve,  I think honesty shoul be a priority in this kind of business.  I'm so stress out, dissapointed, upset becouse I'm thinking all this is not my fault.

I do not know what is gona happen, but I do appreciate your time.

Thank you very much

Message 3 of 8
Latest reply

It's a Chinese registered seller as countess has said and it sounds like they have stalled you past the 30 day window after the ETA of the item for an eBay dispute.

If that is the case then you need to open a dispute with Paypal BUT you MUST activate the limited return postage offer BEFORE opening the dispute, otherwise you may have to pay return postage to China. See the link below and at the bottom is the link to activate that return postage offer.

https://www.paypal.com/au/webapps/mpp/returns

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 4 of 8
Latest reply

Just to add if you're not outside the 30 day limit for eBay's MBG ("money back guarantee"), here's the link for it. Note that the 30 day limit is after the last ETA of the item, I don't think you can open a dispute with eBay until that last ETA has passed.

https://pages.ebay.com.au/ebay-money-back-guarantee/

Also note that feedback can only be left up to 60 days after the purchase date - that may well be another reason the seller is stalling you - so keep an eye on that timeframe to leave feedback.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 5 of 8
Latest reply

As padi says.

Try getting in touch with eBay during 8 am to 10 pm AET.

eBay's "Have us call you" option is by far the best way to get in touch with eBay. (Emails are useless, for a number of reasons, but primarily because the responses, when they are finally sent, are bot-generated.) I've included the link for that option - click onto it to access the option.

Ask the CS rep who calls you back ...

"IS IT TOO LATE FOR ME TO ASK EBAY TO STEP IN?"

If the CS rep says YES, it's TOO LATE, then do exactly as padi says regarding a Paypal dispute.

If the CS rep says NO, it's NOT TOO LATE, then ask the rep if he/she can process the refund request for you now.

(I should also mention that the process for getting a refund if you receive the wrong item will generally involve you posting back the incorrect item. You don't get to keep the wrong item as well as get a refund - in most cases. You CAN contact eBay directly (using the Have us call you link) to say it's not worth returning the item if it is relatively cheap with the postage considerably higher, because of it needing to go back to China. Have the Australia Post postage cost ready to quote to the CS rep. In such cases, the rep may advise you that the requirement to post back the item is waived. But you can't decide not to send back the item without getting eBay's agreement.)

Message 6 of 8
Latest reply

Do you mean that you opened a case but didn't escalate before it timed out? If that's the case your only option is to pursue it through paypal. If you do return the item you'll have to prove you posted it so you'll need tracking.

Message 7 of 8
Latest reply

@salmoshabakuc wrote:

Fair enought I have not problem with returning the Item but I was thinking why do I have to wait for God knows how many weeks before get a refund. 

All what I wanted was my money back ASAP I think its a FAIR think to ask, so I have no way to get eBay involve,

Sorry, but no - it is not fair to ask for a refund ASAP and before sending the item back. And eBay would have agreed with this ultimately, despite what any rep told you over the phone - if you had escalated the case without returning the item, it would have been found immediately in favour of the seller. 

I understand the seller sent the wrong colour, and that you are owed a full refund, but the way to get it is part and parcel with buying online. 

Message 8 of 8
Latest reply