I've made an offer on an item, in which eBay declined it. Now I am not allowed to make a new offer

na1243
Community Member

Hi,

Regarding 'Make Offer" on purchaising an item.

I've made an offer on an item, in which eBay declined it twice.  The third was allowed but I didn't make it in time to the comoputer to answer the 'Counteroffer'.  Now I am not allowed to make a new offer on the same item.  Can this be changed?

Message 1 of 15
Latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

I've made an offer on an item, in which eBay declined it. Now I am not allowed to make a new offer

eBay doesn't decline offers, eBay doesn't sell anything.

eBay is only an advertising site for sellers and buyers to use.

It is the seller that has declined your offer and they have probably added you to their blocked list if they don't want to deal with you.

image host
Message 2 of 15
Latest reply

if the third offer timed-out then that would account for you not being able to make any more offers.

If the listing is still live you can buy it at the asking price if they have not blocked you.

Message 3 of 15
Latest reply

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

You can only make 3 offers on an item. 

After that if you still want it you have to buy at the full asking price.

Message 4 of 15
Latest reply

@na1243 wrote:

Hi,

I've made an offer on an item, in which eBay declined it twice.  The third was allowed but I didn't make it in time to the comoputer to answer the 'Counteroffer'.  Now I am not allowed to make a new offer on the same item.  Can this be changed?

The declinations were probably auto. The seller would have set the listing up so as not have to even entertain what they felt were lowball offers. I do that, on the few I have best offer on - if they don't hit the low mark, I don't even know.

Have you considered offering the asking price by actually buying the item? If not, why not? You obviously aren't offering enough for the seller to sell to you.

Message 5 of 15
Latest reply

@na1243 wrote:

Hi,

Three strikes and you're out 😁

It appears your final hesitation to meet the seller at their counter offer, has denied you the item. Moral of the story>lowball offers are rarely accepted and can get you blocked. If you really want it, go in with a decent offer or contact the seller in advance to discuss

Message 6 of 15
Latest reply

Perhaps you will  have more luck if you make a decent offer,instead of expecting a seller will happily leave themselves out of pocket 

What was the asking price and what did you first offer?

How would you feel if you were a seller and a buyer sent you such an offer on an item you had for sale?

Message 7 of 15
Latest reply

It's a little presumptive to accuse the OP of not offering a "decent" amount - I see many sellers with very unrealistic BIN prices set for items - often more than double what they could reasonably expect to sell for if they researched prices properly.

NEVERMIND ON TROUBLES!!! LET'S DO HOBBY!!!
Message 8 of 15
Latest reply

@11dustyattic wrote:

It appears your final hesitation to meet the seller at their counter offer, has denied you the item. Moral of the story>lowball offers are rarely accepted and can get you blocked. If you really want it, go in with a decent offer or contact the seller in advance to discuss

As I replied to another poster above, it's a little presumptive to accuse the OP of not offering a "decent" amount - I see many sellers with very unrealistic BIN prices set for items - often more than double what they could reasonably expect to sell for if they researched prices properly.

How do *you* know the OP's offer was "lowball"?

NEVERMIND ON TROUBLES!!! LET'S DO HOBBY!!!
Message 9 of 15
Latest reply

@tazzieterror wrote:

@11dustyattic wrote:

As I replied to another poster above, it's a little presumptive to accuse the OP of not offering a "decent" amount - I see many sellers with very unrealistic BIN prices set for items - often more than double what they could reasonably expect to sell for if they researched prices properly.

How do *you* know the OP's offer was "lowball"?

I don't know but I'd put money on it. 3 offers were put in

Message 10 of 15
Latest reply