I've paid for an item by bank transfer and now seller wont return messages or supply a tracking no.

Message 1 of 10
Latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

I've paid for an item by bank transfer and now seller wont return messages or supply a tracking no.

If the seller is local, (AU) you can get their phone number in eBay. You can try calling them. Click the link below and enter the seller's ID and the item number.

http://www.ebay.com.au/sch/ebayadvsearch?_sofindtype=9

Message 2 of 10
Latest reply

Lesson learned. Never EVER pay via bank deposit unless you have had previous successful dealings with a seller. As for tracking, not all items sent have tracking. It would depend on the size of the item. Also, sellers are not obligated to upload tracking numbers (although it makes more sense if they do). If the seller isn't a large seller, they may only check their account every few days, so may not have seen your message yet.

As mentioned, best bet is to try and call them.

Message 3 of 10
Latest reply

As said, the general rule is to never pay by bank transfer as there's generally very little you can do in terms of being refunded. With PayPal, it's pretty easy to get your money back for cases like this.
Message 4 of 10
Latest reply

If it is a lot of money and the seller is in Australia send them a message that unless you receive your item within 5 days (if you have already waited a week) you will report them to the police for auction fraud through ACORN.

It is a pretty empty threat really because unless they have done this to a lot of people the police will not be able to do anything.

Chances are high they are not even in Australia and are using many ways of scamming, just getting your email address is worth the effort for them. The reason most people will not use bank deposit is exactly as you have found, once you transfer the funds they are gone, end of.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 5 of 10
Latest reply

the OP didnt really give enough details for anyone to give good advice, heck they might have only bought the item yesterday for all we know.

ask for advice but give some real details please.

Message 6 of 10
Latest reply

"the OP didnt really give enough details for anyone to give good advice"

The OP's been given good advice.

Check the feedback left for others.

Unless the seller has more than 1, the same item's been sold at least 4 times.

Message 7 of 10
Latest reply

Very interesting! I'm wondering re the feedback, how they managed to pay by both PayPal and bank deposit. It's getting very weird and it's looking like the OP isn't coming back any time soon to fill in any blanks.

One of the negs the seller got looks like someone wanted a refund after the seller thought he could jack up the BIN price after sale. That would explain one of the relistings. It seems strange he'd want more when the first time the item sold he accepted a best offer.

Message 8 of 10
Latest reply

Very interesting! I'm wondering re the feedback, how they managed to pay by both PayPal and bank deposit. It's getting very weird and it's looking like the OP isn't coming back any time soon to fill in any blanks.

-------------

This is only a guess of course but I'm betting what happened was the buyer tried to pay via paypal but for some reason the money didn't go through, the account had been suspended or whatever. So the seller asked them to cancel the paypal & pay via the bank instead.

I had that happen to me once a few years back. The seller was so helpful, spot on with communication at first, talking me through how to go into paypal itself & cancel etc but once I paid the bank deposit, I never heard from them again. It's really disappointing when soemthing like that happens.

Message 9 of 10
Latest reply

Hmmm
Looks like this seller is a bugga for taking the money and running. 3 negs AND a neg green dot too.

Unfortunately for this OP, it seems they might be $320 down the gurgurler Man Sad

Aussie seller too......

********* *********** *********** ************ ************ *********** ***********
Be Kind To Nurses....
They Stop The Doctors From Killing You.
Message 10 of 10
Latest reply