I've reported rudeness and bad service from a seller

I bought 4 x pairs of baby socks (each was one auction) and the postage from VIC to NSW was going to be $10 per pair.  They 'discounted' it from $40 to $30.  I asked a few questions and was given the okay to send my own pre-paid, pre-addressed 3kg bag (which cost me $11.70). Now they are refusing to put the bag in the post & want me to arrange collection.  I"m in Sydney and they are in Melbourne. 

I copied the part of the correspondence to ebay customer complaint.  

(quote) Please organise some else to pick up this item and post it to you. I am sure you have experience with ebay and you know some people make extra money on postage just like i do. I will accept the plastic satchel but I am sorry I will not waste my time walking / drive to post the item this for nothing. Let me know when you have find the person to help you to post the item Thanks (end quote from seller)

Has anyone got a response from customer support about unfair behaivour/  bad service/ postage pirates?

note: I looked up their house on google maps and there is a post office less than 1km from their home.  Love google maps.

Message 1 of 148
Latest reply
147 REPLIES 147

First mistake was bidding when you saw $10 to post a pair of baby socks,

second mistake was negotiating to send the satchel,  (even though they would more than likely fit in a 500 gram size)  unfortunately you agreed to the price of postage in total when you bid, unless you contacted the seller to ask for combined and discounted shipping before you purchased.,

but as the seller agreed to the satchel in the first place, their attitude is shocking. Have you paid for the items?  assuming no actual postage was added to the invoice.

If paid, open a dispute for items not received, escalate to a claim, and get your money back if they still refuse to send, you may have lost the cost of the satchel as no proof you sent it.

Let us know how is ends up and before you consider leaving feedback.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It is only with the heart one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
Message 2 of 148
Latest reply

What an unsual seller.

What's the melb suburb? If it's close vicinity to me I'll pick it up and put it in a post box, then in a weeks time you can message them and tell them your guy will be around tomorrow to pick it up.

When they say it's picked up, you of course say you haven't sent anyone yet and ask that naturally they got ID when it was picked up? :^O

Just kidding, it would be nice to do those sorts of things sometimes.

Seriously if it's near, happy to post it for you. Mostly to show the goods guys always win. 🙂

image host
Message 3 of 148
Latest reply

thanks shypansey,

I agree I should have asked before for combo shipping rates, my mistake, however after 14 years on eBay this is the first time I've had such openly biligerant sellers.  They are an exception.  When you are a mum of two under 3 you don't have that much time to keep on top of the emails and expect a little service.

They haven't sent an invoice with the postage removed so I can't pay.  Is it possible to alter an invoice or you have to wait for them to update it?

I will definitely be more attentive to the fine details in the future.. all for good.

Message 4 of 148
Latest reply

HI Kopenhagen5,  the suburb is Park Orchards 3114... I would love it if you could pick up ! hilarious !  they said they are home every day after 4pm if that helps. 

joking aside, thanks for offering and no worries if it's too far.  I agree, I just wanted these baby socks for my cold footed son & they are just right.  🙂

(interesting they are swedish baby socks)

Message 5 of 148
Latest reply

You can`t alter the invoice, only the seller can,  so what does she expect? surely not to pay $30 for her handling fee.  So I suppose she is expecting you to pay up in full,  then what?  not even send the goods in the satchel provided? 

Unfortunately if you don`t pay, she will no doubt open disputes for non payment, and that will not only get your NPB strikes but also the inability to leave FB, which I think she deserves simply by her attitude and obvious greed. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It is only with the heart one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
Message 6 of 148
Latest reply

Well your seller is new, and obviously has no clue how to make friends and influence people, I am looking at $25 to post a packet of saw blades, and that is within the distance that would cost under $10 to me, 

Pity she is not close to me as I too would pick them up for you, just as Kopes has offered, 

Not sure what to advise here,  only thing I can suggest is reply, tell her a friend will pick them up, ask for an invoice for items only, no shipping, pay her by paypal, then put in a dispute for item not received to get your money back if she still doesn`t post them.

She has no FB as a seller, so those 4 red dots are going to come as a nice surprise ]:)

Message 7 of 148
Latest reply

I am working near Ringwood on Monday finishing around 3pm and Park orchards is 10 mins away.

If you tee it up no problem, just personal message me here.

Aside, I found a womens handbag with purse, money, keys rings, everything a few days ago and handed it in. Got some lovely text messages saying I don't know how much it means to her.

Today did another good deed to a Chinese gent. He then starts counting out money and I tell him I don't want anything. After explaining 5 times that this is what I do, he sticks the folded notes in my pocket and doesn't want them back. He leaves and I look to see he has given me 6 $50 notes, $300. So now I am making some charity donations. Karma maybe. 🙂

image host
Message 8 of 148
Latest reply

That is such a nice thing to do Kopes,  but we all know you are a kind person, 

Lady M, you are in good hands, 😉

Message 9 of 148
Latest reply

I still advise you pay by payal only,  I am only assuming she is new, but could well be a seasoned seller in a new suit.

Message 10 of 148
Latest reply