I won an item and paid, seller now said its not for sale and hasnt cancelled.

aarias-86
Community Member

I placed a bid on something in the last 24 hours of an auction. I woke the next morning  and had won paid promptly. 

Hours later I received a message from the seller saying it was no longer available. Then another message saying they would process the refund when the money hit her account.  

I said no worries and that I hadn't received message saying the item has been cancelled. A day has passed no message back from seller and the item has still not been cancelled. Advice? Why would you not cancel it if its no longer for sale and why not let me know before I pay for something.

Message 1 of 9
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

It appears that the seller didn't like the final price at the end of the auction.

All sellers have had to change over to the managed payments system since July 2020 and anyone who is an infrequent seller, will have their funds on hold for approx 30 days, but they still need to send the item. Any seller who has NOT changed over to the new system will never see the money as they need to be ID verified.

So it sounds like the seller is in one of these 2 situations.

As advised, you can write to the seller as they can process a cancellation and refund at any point, regardless of the status of the funds. If they refuse to do so, you can open a case for "item not received" at the appropriate time.

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 9
Latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Sounds like a new/clueless seller.

All you can do is wait for a refund or alternatively one day after the Last Estimated Delivery Date you can open a case for Item Not Received... read the Money Back Guarantee.

Either way you will receive a refund.

You could message the seller once more & let them know they do not have to wait for the funds to show in their account... all they have to do is select a reason to cancel.

Message 2 of 9
Latest reply

If you read through the forum, you will see a few sellers posting that items they sold quite some time ago were suddenly relisted by ebay without the seller knowing anything about it

So it *is* possible that this has happened in the case of this seller

Nobody here can tell you for sure

You said you paid promptly, sellers are not online 24/7 so most likely in that respect you paid before the seller even know the item had 'sold'

Advice would be to be patient, the money does not go into all seller's accounts on the spot

New sellers have holds  on funds

Established sellers may have their settings on daily payouts, or they might be every three days or every five days

People here can only guess what *might* have happened

At least at the very worst, you might need to open an item not received dispute if nothing happens 

Message 3 of 9
Latest reply

Thank you I have messaged them to let them know that I haven't received a cancelled message and they don't have to wait for the funds to do a refund. I think my main worry was the lack of response from them despite this. They might be busy though, I just hadn't had this happen before. I'm fine if they don't wish to sell something me

Message 4 of 9
Latest reply

It appears that the seller didn't like the final price at the end of the auction.

All sellers have had to change over to the managed payments system since July 2020 and anyone who is an infrequent seller, will have their funds on hold for approx 30 days, but they still need to send the item. Any seller who has NOT changed over to the new system will never see the money as they need to be ID verified.

So it sounds like the seller is in one of these 2 situations.

As advised, you can write to the seller as they can process a cancellation and refund at any point, regardless of the status of the funds. If they refuse to do so, you can open a case for "item not received" at the appropriate time.

Message 5 of 9
Latest reply

*Self edited

Message 6 of 9
Latest reply

Do you have access to the item number, so we can have a look at the seller? 
(please don’t mention the sellers name, it’s not allowed here).

Thank you. 😊

********* *********** *********** ************ ************ *********** ***********
Be Kind To Nurses....
They Stop The Doctors From Killing You.
Message 7 of 9
Latest reply

I won item payed seller canceled sale saying he did not have my address ..he relisted item he did not tell truth to E.bay   i lose out .

Message 8 of 9
Latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

Message 9 of 9
Latest reply