I would like to leave a negative comment to the Ebay community of a dodgy seller

In may this year I purchaese a bread maker at a good reduction in price from a company. 

Numerous emails and promices made and eventually an email from someone called REMOVED from the company telling that my product was on the way. I recieved a delivery two weeks ago 2 months over due but in the package was an imitation gold ring. BEWARE.

They have a hotmail address as well it is REMOVED.

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

I would like to leave a negative comment to the Ebay community of a dodgy seller

You might well have grounds for your complaint.

eBay has procedures for item not described, which don't include naming and shaming on the member boards, which, anecdotally, less than 3% of members ever visit, much less regularly. For instance, you have been an eBay member for 16 years, but this is the first time you've come to the boards.

It is pointless anyway. Naming and shaming is explicitly a violation of board policy, as is posting email addresses, so those details will soon disappear.

Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

Pointless to so here, for the reasons already given

It is too late to leave feedback on eBay as you let the seller string you along for so long

That aside, I assume you have already opened a not as described dispute with PayPal?

What was the seller's feedback like before you made the purchase? 

Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

Log into PayPal and in the resolution centre open a case for INAD to get a refund.

Feedback has a 60 day deadline.

image host
Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

If you ordered a breadmaker and were sent a ring then obviously they have messed up your order. 

You have left things go on far too long. Don't worry about letting people in the community know, this is a small board anyway & you're preaching to the converted. I doubt there is a single regular here who would let a delivery go 2 months overdue without doing something about it.

In future, always open an ebay claim if your order is not received within a couple of weeks of the expected delivery date. Never, ever let a seller talk you into delaying a claim. With ebay you only get something like 30 days after the ETA to start a claim so you've missed the boat there.

But you're still in time to open a paypal claim. You should be able to win this one. Just factually write what happened.

You can provide photo evidence for item not as described if need be and if you still have the packaging, that would be a give away too as surely the weight and size was much smaller than it would have been for a bread maker.

What you want is a full refund, not more promises of a replacement etc. 

Message 5 of 5
Latest reply