ITEM NOT DELIVERED

The seller advised by email the item had been delivered to the designated address.  It hasn't.  (I have 24X7 video coverage of my home).  I ended up having several emails to/fro' with them.  Them asking the most ridiculous questions - like going and asking people in my vicinity if they knew anything.  They ended up by asking me to get a 'certificate' (presumably they mean Stat Dec).  I've spent so much time already trying to get some resolution I refuse to spend another 2 hours trying to solve their problem.  Is there any other recourse?  (Note.  The item was $30 so not hugely expensive, but it's the principle).

Message 1 of 9
Latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

ITEM NOT DELIVERED

You have 30 days since the last day of the estimated delivery to open a case/dispute for INR (item not received) on eBay and 180 days since the date of payment to open a case in PayPal (if you used PayPal to pay of course).

Message 2 of 9
Latest reply

ITEM NOT DELIVERED

You open a dispute for item not received 

If the seller cannot prove with tracking it was delivered to the address you provided, the case will close in your favour 

Sorry, but not a ridiculous question to ask if the neighbours know anything , one of the first questions any seller would ask

Message 3 of 9
Latest reply

ITEM NOT DELIVERED

Didn't the seller provide a tracking number rather than just advising you by email that the item had been delivered? If you do have a tracking number, check the tracking.

Message 4 of 9
Latest reply

ITEM NOT DELIVERED

The seller is based in China, even if their items are listed as located in Sydney. They probably didn't use AusPost, so you should ask for clarification and proofs.

Message 5 of 9
Latest reply

ITEM NOT DELIVERED

It's actually not ridiculous for them to ask you to check with your neighbours,  I live in a court of about 8 houses, and we often have a swap the parcel party after the couriers have visited the street. 

I once received one for a business about a kilometre away, I rang them and they popped over a little later and joined our parcel swap party.

Message 6 of 9
Latest reply

ITEM NOT DELIVERED

Watch out this could be a scam.

I have been with eBay over 15 years and just got shafted by a scammer and eBay, and their ‘money back guarantee’. Not only did I not get my $714 back but they removed my negative feedback!! 

I bought prepaid satchels which never came. But tracking said it did. Australia post were awesome. They fully investigated and said that only small envelopes were sent (too small to contain my purchase), likely to another P.O. Box and they wrote me a letter confirming it was likely a scam. The guy also told me on the phone that eBay is aware of this scam but wouldn’t help me and I should seek ‘chargebacks’ from my bank. 

But the scammer told eBay tracking said it arrived and eBay didn’t even bother to give me a chance to reply but decided the case the same day it was escalated to them by the seller (I tried and tried to put in my side but there was no ability to add anything except my initial comments from a week earlier that it hadn’t arrived and I was investigating) because tracking shows it arrived that’s it. I didn’t even get a chance to submit my Australian post letter. Then they deleted my feedback as the final kick up the **bleep**.

Message 7 of 9
Latest reply

ITEM NOT DELIVERED

How many more posts are you going to spam? Your amount started off as $1500. 

Message 8 of 9
Latest reply

ITEM NOT DELIVERED

Rileys books can you at least change it up a bit?

In these tough & stressful times we need some comedy relief and you can provide it

Message 9 of 9
Latest reply