If I place free postage on a buy now, does that relate to my bidding price as well?

I have some items on auction and wish to offer free postage with a buy now price, does that then relate to my bidding price?

Message 1 of 3
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

If I place free postage on a buy now, does that relate to my bidding price as well?

Yes. Probably. You would have to provide a bit more information.

Noting that a BIN price disappears as soon as a bid has been made, but postage doesn't. "Free' post is 'free' post.

Note: you blew this redirect gewens - this should be in selling.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
Latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Yes. Probably. You would have to provide a bit more information.

Noting that a BIN price disappears as soon as a bid has been made, but postage doesn't. "Free' post is 'free' post.

Note: you blew this redirect gewens - this should be in selling.

Message 2 of 3
Latest reply

Looking at your free post items, the chances are they will sell with only one bid. That means, for quite a few of them, you are actually going to lose money by the time you take eBay and PayPal fees out, plus the cost of postage. 

The ones that are under 20mm, that can be posted as large letter, maybe leave them as free postage, as it's only going to cost $2.20 to post. Anything larger, I would have a postage cost showing. That way if I buyer wants to buy multiple, you can offer them a postage discount.

Even some of the items where you have started the auction at 99c and have a postage cost added, you will lose money if they sell. You will only get one bid for 99c. 

To be honest, I would have those items as buy it now with postage cost added on. That said, you have over 40 listings, so having auctions does make sense because you aren't wasting free listings with them rolling over automatically every month, like you do with buy it now.

Agree with Dave, this should have been moved to Selling, not buying.

Message 3 of 3
Latest reply