International delivery UK to AUS - 20 days no updates

kath3076
Community Member

Hey folks,

I have a package sent from the UK to Australia 3 weeks ago. It was sent via Royal Mail International Tracked. However it seems that the item has been stuck at 'cleared and awaiting international deperature' for 20 days. Is it something I need to worry about or it's just delayed due to the pandemic?

Thanks in advance 

Message 1 of 10
Latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

There have been significant delays around the world with international postage, due to reduced planes in the air. Parcels from the US are taking 6-8 weeks. I imaging it being similar from the UK. You still have time before you need to worry and plenty of time to open a dispute if it comes to that. Keep an eye on the last ETA date, you have 30 days after that date to open a dispute. If it gets to day 28, open one then.

Message 2 of 10
Latest reply

On a side note Tippy I've had 2 items both through the GSP, one from the USA and one from the UK, and both arrived in about a month. Not bad for the so-called "Terrible Pitney Bowes Experience" hey...................?

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 3 of 10
Latest reply

Postal services such as Aust Post and Royal Mail don't usually own aircraft, and thus buy space on commercial flights, which are pretty limited at the moment. They just sit there waiting for a flight, and keep getting pushed back in favour of priority mail.

Perhaps Pitney Bowes has contracts wirh other carriers such as DHL, Fed Ex etc, which do own their own planes?

Message 4 of 10
Latest reply

The same thing is happening to me, no update on tracking for my parcel since 22nd Sept, courier Royal Mail. UK to AU. Not enough flights apparently.
Message 5 of 10
Latest reply

Is yours also stuck at 'cleared and awaiting international departure'?
Message 6 of 10
Latest reply

Yes it is.
Message 7 of 10
Latest reply

I just checked the tracking, the item is in Melbourne now, so possibly your parcel won't be much longer to be delivered.
Message 8 of 10
Latest reply

I've got at least 4 tracked parcels where nothing has happened since around 18/20 Sep - two from overseas and two in Oz.  The last update for ALL of them said they were in Melbourne and had 'departed facility'.  Two even said they were 'on their way'.  None have arrived.

I lodged an enquiry with Aust Post on 30 Sep for the Oz parcels but still nothing had changed.  I had been told I would probably get a reply 'in a few days' but when that didn't happen I called AP again on 08 Oct and I believe at least one parcel search has been escalated, not sure about the other one.

Ominously, details have now been taken in case the parcels can't be found and a refund may have to be issued. Meanwhile the overseas parcels have joined the investigation list.

And that's just some the tracked parcels - there are others plus some untracked.....sigh.

AP customer staff have been great, but I still have no idea where my purchases are and if I will ever get them.

Message 9 of 10
Latest reply

@audio-spot wrote:

Perhaps Pitney Bowes has contracts wirh other carriers such as DHL, Fed Ex etc, which do own their own planes?

The GSP from the USA (Pitney Bowes) is partnered with FedEx who deliver the items once in Australia.

Message 10 of 10
Latest reply