Is It 18 or Isn't It a 48volt Impact Cordless Drill

Listings of the bla bla Kit 48V CORDLESS DRILL + 2 BATTERY HEAVY DUTY IMPACT DRIVER BRUSHLESS HAMMER CASE KIT.  I bought, I expected, I not get.  What I got was something that looks like all the images and video clips, but not with the sellers item's specifications. Turns out that what I got was about an 18 volt "unbranded drill machine kit of sorts" that's useless as an "Impact Drill" or isn't it ?, a "Brushless Hammer" (new to me).  The only part of the so called Drill kit that was recognizable in terms of viewing "Specs" is stated on the "Battery Charger" (or is it ?) that shows voltage of [21 volt] and only weighs about [100grams].  If so I can "assume" then that the batteries to the kit form might be [18volt] each, or is it ?, something else assumably [17.4volt]. So, taken for granted by the seller, which I have, if I add those two(2) batteries voltages together [18+18] I get 36 volts, or is it ? about [35 volts], [17.4 + 17.4].  Either way, not 48volt as advertised with [2 x batteries at 48 volt each], yet remains listed on the website.  Clearly in need of addressing that this listing also others similarly is a "Buyer Be Aware" or is it? "Buyer Beware" listing.  Unfortunately, in my shopping experience here, most eBay seller's deliberately set about to confuse, or is it? not confusing enough that eBay permits images and details/specs of unbranded items and those listings that don't have a Manufacturer's Branding nor Warranty that customers are not being made aware of prior to purchase.  Either way, eBay and Seller's claim "Customer Satisfaction" isn't what they make buying out to be.  When the customer (me) declares receiving such purchase/s, or was it ? something else that wasn't really in the listing, or did I get something else instead of !! what was described ?.  Then, must put up with continuing arrogance from sellers who got my money already when I want resolve of such matters addressed. In this case with the now aware, unbranded [48 volt  HEAVY DUTY IMPACT DRIVER BRUSHLESS HAMMER CASE KIT], or is it ?.  In addition, there is NO Warranty Card issued inside the box.  Or is it  only the seller's 'so called type of an assumed warranty' that comes with, or isn't it ? with a warranty.  At the end of the day, I'm stuck with IT  OR ISN'T IT a 48 Volt Cordless Drill bla bla HEAVY DUTY IMPACT DRIVER BRUSHLESS HAMMER CASE KIT of sorts, & remain confused caused by the eCommerce industry ?.  I am interested the other buyer's thoughts on this realistic view of purchasing online no so blindly though without the feel of the item about to be purchased, and where exactly has it come from, or ? who is the original seller and game.

Message 1 of 21
Latest reply
20 REPLIES 20

I have some thoughts.

Please use paragraphs & spacing.

Don't make assumptions.

Read the eBay Money Back Guarantee.

Check seller's feedback before buying.

Message 2 of 21
Latest reply

Chinese seller with terrible feedback - anything less than 99.5% from a high-volume seller is questionable.

You paid for a cheap cordless drill and got what you paid for - a cheap drill. If you want a decent cordless power tool you'll be paying upwards of $250.00.

I would also doubt very much if the charger complies with the Australian Electrical Code, so it could be dangerous to plug in and certainly should not be left charging unattended.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 3 of 21
Latest reply

Sorry, I don't buy things like this from a seller in China whose feedback is in the toilet

Of course there is no warranty

They are neither in Australia nor an authorised seller of such items

You are not stuck with it, eBay give you all the tools you need to get your money back

Stop supporting such sellers and keeping them in business

It's not hard

Message 4 of 21
Latest reply

Save the paragraph.

Message 5 of 21
Latest reply

It is always a good idea to look at the feedback of a seller before buying from them. This seller clearly sends items whose specs are not as in the listings, so in addition to the fact that he is registered in China, it is not a very good idea to buy from them. There is even a person with your problem and item (not sure if it is you, as the feedback score is different).

Message 6 of 21
Latest reply

@doodeykrezz wrote:

Listings of the bla bla Kit 48V CORDLESS DRILL + 2 BATTERY HEAVY DUTY IMPACT DRIVER BRUSHLESS HAMMER CASE KIT

I bought, I expected, I not get.  What I got was something that looks like all the images and video clips, but not with the sellers item's specifications.

Turns out that what I got was about an 18 volt "unbranded drill machine kit of sorts" that's useless as an "Impact Drill" or isn't it ?, a "Brushless Hammer" (new to me).  The only part of the so called Drill kit that was recognizable in terms of viewing "Specs" is stated on the "Battery Charger" (or is it ?) that shows voltage of [21 volt] and only weighs about [100grams].  If so I can "assume" then that the batteries to the kit form might be [18volt] each, or is it ?, something else assumably [17.4volt].

So, taken for granted by the seller, which I have, if I add those two(2) batteries voltages together [18+18] I get 36 volts, or is it ? about [35 volts], [17.4 + 17.4]. 

Either way, not 48volt as advertised with [2 x batteries at 48 volt each], yet remains listed on the website.  Clearly in need of addressing that this listing also others similarly is a "Buyer Be Aware" or is it? "Buyer Beware" listing. 

Unfortunately, in my shopping experience here, most eBay seller's deliberately set about to confuse, or is it? not confusing enough that eBay permits images and details/specs of unbranded items and those listings that don't have a Manufacturer's Branding nor Warranty that customers are not being made aware of prior to purchase.  Either way, eBay and Seller's claim "Customer Satisfaction" isn't what they make buying out to be. 

When the customer (me) declares receiving such purchase/s, or was it ? something else that wasn't really in the listing, or did I get something else instead of !! what was described ?. 

Then, must put up with continuing arrogance from sellers who got my money already when I want resolve of such matters addressed.

In this case with the now aware, unbranded [48 volt  HEAVY DUTY IMPACT DRIVER BRUSHLESS HAMMER CASE KIT], or is it ?. 

In addition, there is NO Warranty Card issued inside the box.  Or is it  only the seller's 'so called type of an assumed warranty' that comes with, or isn't it ? with a warranty. 

At the end of the day, I'm stuck with IT  OR ISN'T IT a 48 Volt Cordless Drill bla bla HEAVY DUTY IMPACT DRIVER BRUSHLESS HAMMER CASE KIT of sorts, & remain confused caused by the eCommerce industry ?. 

I am interested the other buyer's thoughts on this realistic view of purchasing online no so blindly though without the feel of the item about to be purchased, and where exactly has it come from, or ? who is the original seller and game.

@doodeykrezz,

It really does help if you break up a long section of text into paragraphs. If you want people to read your posts, presenting a huge unbroken block of text is not reader-friendly... so I have given a bit of a helping hand in separating your post into smaller paragraphs for easy digestion.

I'll also address your main points.

1. You purchased from an eBay China seller with terrible feedback. (To see the seller's country of registration, click onto the feedback percentage in the listing, and you'll be taken to the feedback profile page.
    It states there: Member since: 23-Mar-18 in China
    The feedback percentage is 97.5%, which is awful for a high-volume seller. I (and most others on these boards) would consider 99.5% to be the minimum acceptable % for a high volume seller.
    If you click onto the negative feedback total over 12 months (currently showing as 217), you can see all of the negative comments, many of which specifically relate to the poor quality of the items.
  2. Even though the seller is described by eBay as ❝Top Rated seller: One of eBay's most reputable sellers. Consistently delivers outstanding customer service❞, that is an eBay label which doesn't take into account important considerations. Basically - IGNORE ❝Top Rated seller❞ as a recommendation or qualification; it's meaningless in my opinion.
  3. You say you bought and expected, but didn't receive what you expected. However, I will point out that the listing actually stated (in the item specifics) Brand: Unbranded/generic.
    I will agree that you almost certainly received an item without the actual specifications and quality of what is listed. That is sadly not unusual when people buy unbranded Chinese items.
    This is something about which I have posted several times: UNBRANDED items are as a rule cheaply made in Chinese factories with the cheapest possible components, even if the quality of the raw components doesn't meet the design specs. They are also made with the outer appearance of a quality item, but as they are knock-offs of superior (branded) products, the inner guts of the product is poorly and cheaply made, without the actual quality or specifications of what is purported. Raw materials are the most costly part of products in China, far more so than the labour and manufacture.
  4. The item you purchased will not meet Australian safety standards. Frankly, you should not use this item. If the item causes a fire, you won't be covered by insurance; you or people you love could be injure or killed; NOT WORTH THE RISK.
  5. You did indeed receive an item that is not as described. You should open a return request and ask for a full refund. If the seller wants the item returned, they must pay for its return; you should not be out of pocket. If the seller is not willing to pay for its return by tracked shipping, you may be able to receive full refund even without returning it.
    This, by the way, is assuming that the item's delivery was no more than 30 days ago. You have positively no more than 30 days after the Estimated Delivery Date or the actual delivery date to open a refund request under eBay's Money Back Guarantee.
    If the item was received by you more than 30 days ago, then you are still covered by PayPal Buyer Protection (but you must open a refund request within 180 days of the date of transaction).

So... no, you're not "stuck with it".

6. eBay have limited authority or desire to sanction Chinese eBay sellers (unless their behaviour is completely egregious). This is because eBay is desperately holding on to its presence in China, after a very troubled history.
  7. A listing may scream "warranty!" in flashing lights, but unless the item is being sold by an Australian authorised seller of that item, the warranty is problematic. From a Chinese seller, the word "warranty" in an eBay listing is just a word without punch or power. BUY FROM AUSTRALIAN AUTHORISED SELLERS if you need a warranty.

Message 7 of 21
Latest reply

Disclaimer: I know nothing about drills.

But I do know this much. The ad clearly says it is unbranded/generic, so you knew not to expect a name brand.

The item also says the item is located in Melbourne, which I think is probably true as click and collect is available.

What isn't so obvious till you check feedback is that the seller is from China and if you read their rambling responses to bad feedback, their English may not be strong. They go on and on about wishing people all the beauty of the universe without actually addressing the problem in a practical way.

As for the warranty, I'd say useless. Many ebay ads that talk of a warranty are misleading unless you're buying from a reputable seller or stockist.

So what you've got is (by the sounds of it) a fairly useless lot of stuff that you strongly suspect doesn't fit the specifications as listed in the title. And that's where you have some power to do soemthing about it. At the end of the day you don't have to be stuck with it.

Here's what you need to do.

Bypass the seller, you're not going to get any satisfaction from them. At most, they may offer you a partial refund.

Go direct to an ebay claim. You open a claim based on the fact the item is not as described in the ad.

Can I just say here, you need to be forthright and definite. Please don't write anything the way you have here for us, where it comes over as wishy washy and uncertain.

None of this, ' I got a 18v drill, or is it" or 'I got a battery charger or is it".

You'll just confuse the ebay reps and not all of them have English as a first language either. So make your claim assertively but clearly (and politely). "The ad said 48v and I was sent an 18v drill. It is not as described in the ad. I would like a refund."

* Do not accept any type of replacement item offer

* Insist on full refund, not partial, as the item is of no use to you.

* Do not agree to return till the seller issues you with a return postage label. The item was listed as being in Australia so you should only be returning to an Australian address and a return label should be possible.

*If you strike problems, get onto ebay chat and explain eg that the seller hasn't issued a return label or whatever.

* Do not close your claim till you have a refund.

Message 8 of 21
Latest reply

google auto translate has a lot to answer for ....or is it? ... a disgruntled competitor product shaming... it is or !!

TELL ME AND I WILL FORGET, SHOW ME AND I MAY REMEMBER,, INVOLVE ME AND I WILL UNDERSTAND Confucius 450bc
Message 9 of 21
Latest reply

product reviews 10/11 jan 2020..... a couple of big testing days there

TELL ME AND I WILL FORGET, SHOW ME AND I MAY REMEMBER,, INVOLVE ME AND I WILL UNDERSTAND Confucius 450bc
Message 10 of 21
Latest reply